Hybrid Decals/emblems

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Decals/emblems

Thanks for the reply. No smoke or lights--instead of the engine turning over a couple of times then starting like we are used to, this one starts RIGHT NOW as soon as the ignition key is turned. The first response is at approx 1800 RPM, but within 1/10 second backs down. Just concerned because occas. sounds like a diesel with one rod knock sound briefly. I guess just getting used to the Hybrid technology.

I'll wait for spring to take the decals off. The 2009's give the buyer the option of keeping them off.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alb810
Thanks for the reply. No smoke or lights--instead of the engine turning over a couple of times then starting like we are used to, this one starts RIGHT NOW as soon as the ignition key is turned. The first response is at approx 1800 RPM, but within 1/10 second backs down. Just concerned because occas. sounds like a diesel with one rod knock sound briefly. I guess just getting used to the Hybrid technology.

I'll wait for spring to take the decals off. The 2009's give the buyer the option of keeping them off.
My 09 'starts' right now and goes straight to just under 1000 revs and stays there - even with the temps we are having. 15*F today and it's supposed drop to 1*F tonight! When she is about to go electroc the revs do rise slightly to 1300 and then straight into auto stop.

I think those side decals might grow on you. At least you can identify and be identified.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast

This thread is useless without pictures!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Here you go

Attached Thumbnails Hybrid Decals/emblems-yukon9.jpg   Hybrid Decals/emblems-yukon15.jpg  
Old 01-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

Beautiful truck, Ed. If I sent pics, which would have to be taken in -4 deg temps, all you would see is road salt!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Enthusiast

I also took off almost everything.

Hybrid stickers - GONE
Two-Mode emblems - GONE

I only kept the side "H" emblem (kept it on in back too) and the Tahoe emblems on the side.

Pics later.

I also had the front and rear bow tie emblems painted black.

It looks SOOOO much better than the standard Chevy gold.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Teufel Hunden

I took off the window stickers and the big, stupid H Y B R I D down the sides; I was also thinking I wanted to remove the green H s and the two on the front quarter-panel but I've kind of gotten used to them and I like them now. Gives the vehicle a little splash of color! I must admit though, the clean look is very attractive as well.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast

Here are some pictures of my debadged Hybrid:

Take off those stickers!!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Very nice looking beast only spoiled by the front license plate! Kidding, big fella, but just asking - do you need a front plate in Texas? My truck came with the front holes drilled and a dealer plate in place. I removed the plate and used white teflon kitchen table sliders (in white) that I had in my spare nuts & bolts tin. Sounds weird, but it works great. What you could do with black - hmmm.

I removed the window stickers but like the appearance with the rest of the hybrid stickers and like the looks I get from people that see a big 'ole hybrid truck. A lot of Tahoe's and Yukons out there and the hybrid stickers differentiate us from a lot of other standard vehicles.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Enthusiast

I would LOVE to take the front plate off but I got a ticket years ago for not having one so am going to keep it on.

Texas requires it.

As for keeping the large hybrid stickers on the side, come on man, take those tacky things off!!!!!

Quick Reply: Hybrid Decals/emblems

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands