Hybrid Battery Replacements and Aftermarket Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 08:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default Hybrid Battery Replacements and Aftermarket Warranties

Anybody have any luck getting an Aftermarket/Third Party Warranty (CarShield, etc.) company to cover Hybrid battery replacements or other Hybrid components?

Old 03-29-2021, 02:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Battery Replacements and Aftermarket Warranties

Originally Posted by ccoulson
Anybody have any luck getting an Aftermarket/Third Party Warranty (CarShield, etc.) company to cover Hybrid battery replacements or other Hybrid components?
Not if they don't explicitly state that they are covered. Most explicitly prohibit them in the actual policy documents while it may not be mentioned in the summary. I've never seen a warranty offered that did EXCEPT for one of Honda's extended warranties.

We went round and round when we bought our 06 HCH. The dealer rep pushing the warranty swore up and down that it was covered. I told him I disagreed and needed to see it clearly in writing. Without that, I said I would only purchase the warranty if he included a stipulation that the dealership would cover the item if the warranty company refused.

About 10 minutes later, "It's not covered."

Me: "no thank you to the warranty then."