how to jumpstart the GM hybrid SUV?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Administrator
Default how to jumpstart the GM hybrid SUV?

after washing both cars with the escalade hybrid XM radio on, it would not start and the light looked dim. I did not try to jumpstart it just because I already parked the other vehicle in my garage and thought it should not be a problem. got a sear charger/dxtic/quick start equipment. tried the quickstart and it did not even turn(is it a safety feature?). turn it to dxtic and showed 8V=wow for 1 hour of washing/detail in 45 degree weather? anyway, trickle charge the battery for 30-45 minutes at 30A and afterwards it started quickly. has anybody experience same thing before? brought it to my caddy dealer and cannot figure it out unless I leave it. runs fine, no problem though. will re-schedule another visit next week. they should have a plug in connector for overnight charging like an EV

Old 01-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: how to jumpstart the GM hybrid SUV?

in the 2010 tahoe, I left the hazard signals on for 40-50 min, came back and no start. Jumpstart it with my truck. Next day I took it to the dealer because I thought it was a bad battery.

They said nothing was wrong with it. All system good. Just a safety feature, that on low voltage, will save some for not letting some modules programs to be affected by 0 V.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Administrator

the dealer replaced the battery under warranty with an AC Delco 770 CCA battery

Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast

I'm glad you got the battery replaced!

The reason the sears charger didn't start the truck up in "start" mode is because those small little chargers can not deliver the amperage required to start a car on a dead battery. It would require a larger unit simular to this:

Old 01-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Administrator

I had this:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...8&blockType=L8

Old 01-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Jeremy: if the DIC says 10 volts or less... you most likely won't start. It uses a standard rounding algorythm. So 10V could be 9.5 up to 10.4 volts.

In general 11 volts on the DIC and you should be able to go. At lower 12V system voltage the hybrids can not control the HV very well. So a no crank. You don't need a monster charger since the 12V is not cranking the small block.

When you were washing... why not just let it be in Auto-Stop? Lastly very subtile but Accessory uses about 15 amps less than Run to play XM. Both use too much for me.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

if this works for the 90 min programming, will work for stereo !!!

http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/2...-essentia.html

Old 02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Administrator

does it mean that I can just plug the charger to trickle charge/maintain overnight so that everytime I drive it, it will have full juice?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

we wish they were plug in hybrids right !!! LOL

Old 02-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hillbilly_Hybrid
Jeremy: if the DIC says 10 volts or less... you most likely won't start. It uses a standard rounding algorythm. So 10V could be 9.5 up to 10.4 volts.

In general 11 volts on the DIC and you should be able to go. At lower 12V system voltage the hybrids can not control the HV very well. So a no crank. You don't need a monster charger since the 12V is not cranking the small block.

When you were washing... why not just let it be in Auto-Stop? Lastly very subtile but Accessory uses about 15 amps less than Run to play XM. Both use too much for me.
You are correct that you don't need a monster charger to start it since there is no "starter" but if you did want it to start immediately, you would need the "monster" charger. Those small chargers are good for trickle charging.

Quick Reply: how to jumpstart the GM hybrid SUV?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands