HID Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default HID Install

Just installed some 6000k HID's in the Hybrid.

Nice upgrade.

Attached Thumbnails HID Install-hid1.jpg   HID Install-hid2.jpg   HID Install-hid3.jpg  
Old 01-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HID Install

Few Vids

Hi/Lo

Hi/Lo Flashing

Attached Thumbnails HID Install-hid4-.jpg   HID Install-hid4-b.jpg   HID Install-hid5-.jpg   HID Install-hid5-b.jpg  
Old 01-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast

Where did you get them, what cost, and how hard to install?

Old 01-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Chevy Man

Ed,

I would also love to know that info if you don't mind sharing. I believe they come standard on the Denali and was actually surprised they were not available on the Hybrid. I guess it added a couple too many ounces to the weight for the EPA rating.

Do you know if there is any potential issue with the additional minor draw from the ballasts/control on the Hybrid model? Also, do you get a humm or whine when they are on like the plug-and-play Sylvanias they had for the old body style used to?

Old 01-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

I bought them from a store local to me. The link to their web site is in my sig.

The Hi/Lo kit comes with a harness to the battery so there is no load on the stock wiring. From what I understand, the current draw is much lower than the stock bulbs.

Everything else is plug and play. The hardest part is getting to the bulb. Even that isn't that hard.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Chevy Man

Did you get the 35w or upgrade to the 55w kit. Also, you said Hi/Lo kit; but on their website it seems like the DDM HID kit is only for the low beam, correct? What is the difference for the high beam?

Did you have to get anything in addition to what comes in the kit itself? I am assuming you picked the 6000K from experience, there seem to be several color options and I am not experienced with the different ones. I want to go with HID and this kit looks perfect, but I also don't want every single person in oncoming traffic flashing their ligts at me

Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

I bought the 35w kit. I didn't think about getting the 55w kit. But since our housing is pretty large and I have the harness. I should have.

There is a H13 Hi/Lo option for $25. That will also include the harness. The actual bulb will move and give you high beams. So you can flash with no issues.
You have a Tahoe, so I think you have separate bulbs.

Nope, the kit was complete. I picked 6000k because I wanted a slight tint of blue. The 4500k is closest to OEM. The 5000k would be the whitest.

I did have some drivers flash at me, so I had to lower the beam slightly.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 PM
#1 Yukon Hybrid in Dallas

Thank you for this posting! I have ordered a set of 8000K Hi/Lo's and will post pictures of them once they are installed. Do you by chance have a HOWTO on how to remove the headlights. For the life of me I cant figure it out. When I go up to the dealership all they say is: "Let us take care of that, its under warranty" then I mention the aftermarket light kit and they say: "you shouldnt do that!!" HAHAHA Right.... ANyways any additional information would be greatly appreciated. I will post tons of pics once I am done. Plus i just got my 26's put on and they look great!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast

Post pics of those 26's. cant wait to see that!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:13 PM
#1 Yukon Hybrid in Dallas

Will do shortly. I wanted to wait and take some with the HID's but i guess now is as good as time as ever. I will clean up the GRide and take some pics tomorrow, its suppose to be sunny!!!

Quick Reply: HID Install

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands