Help with harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 07:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Help with harness

So anyone who's been following here's an update. The motor I got from the junk yard had a knock as well
... go figure .. so I ripped it back out and rebuilt from the bottom up. Everything. Sprang for Acdelco lifters new pistons had it honed all in all im about 4500 into the engine... now it's been sitting a while and naturally things were moves around n now I'm a bit lost. Mainly with the routing of the harness. Can someone take pictures of where e erything goes. Like how the we ecm is bolted where the aux pump cables go and all that. Hooking up the harness is the very last item. Otherwise it's all back together. I attached a photo of the engine showing new pistons and all cleaned just for fun

Old 01-01-2023, 04:41 PM
???
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Help with harness

looking good. I snapped some quick pics of mine but when I got inside and looked at them, I don't think they will help much. but here's 2. I can try to get some more specific ones for you if you need.

Old 01-01-2023, 10:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

I appreciate that. It helped. So apparently I may have a broken wire here somewhere. My Serial gateway data module doesn't come online. I can't access it in my scantool. I've checked all fuses multiple times. Any thoughts?

Old 01-02-2023, 01:52 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustinlint
I appreciate that. It helped. So apparently I may have a broken wire here somewhere. My Serial gateway data module doesn't come online. I can't access it in my scantool. I've checked all fuses multiple times. Any thoughts?

off the top of my head there's a thread somewhere about that thing. I'll to find it. I think the module is under the dash? it might have failed and not be a wire issue.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:11 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

it's a long thead and I'm not sure it's helpful for you, but this is what I was thinking of.

https://electricvehicleforums.com/fo...3-yukon-31738/

it's on the can bus network, so if you can talk to everything else. it might be the module itself is bad? just a guess. I might be about to find a pin out for it if you think it might help.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
it's a long thead and I'm not sure it's helpful for you, but this is what I was thinking of.

https://electricvehicleforums.com/fo...3-yukon-31738/

it's on the can bus network, so if you can talk to everything else. it might be the module itself is bad? just a guess. I might be about to find a pin out for it if you think it might help.
it seems like these people are still able to drive their cars. Mine will not start.

Old 01-02-2023, 12:52 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustinlint
it seems like these people are still able to drive their cars. Mine will not start.

ahh I didn't know it wouldn't start. yeah this seems like more of an annoying light than something that keeps it from running. I don't know what all that module actually does. you're definitely deeper into this platform than me. all I could ask is the simple stuff like is the 12v battery charged or hybrid voltage up. codes and things. hopefully it's just a missed plug or something.

Old 01-03-2023, 12:55 PM
Enthusiast

Found it!! This is the cable going to ECM. PLugs are just out of frame.
My cable going to bottom of ECM is either loose or Rusted. I'm losing comms on my bus. Also my Aux Trans pump is whining So I'm looking at replacing that too.
Got this from a post at another forum today.

Just in case anyone comes looking the hybrid use a E67 ecm module (three plugs). It is under the small fuse box next to the battery. You must pop the top of the small fusebox off then take off three screws that hold on the bottom half of the fuse box. Then you have to push on the top two tabs to release the ECM. The wires are to short to release the three plugs from up top so I will probably have to do it from under the car.

Last edited by scotttheengineer; 01-06-2023 at 09:22 AM. Reason: added pic