Generator Coolant Radiator???

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 11:02 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Generator Coolant Radiator???

Noticed some transmission fluid on the ground d couldn't for the life of me find the leak... took front bumper off and sure enough there it is...unfortunately I thought that it was a standard style transmission cooler... guess not??? Its a "Generator Control Module Coolant Radiator"... the parts store don't carry them. The part is discontinued? What do I do?

Old 05-07-2022, 12:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Generator Coolant Radiator???

For anyone curious. There isn't much info regarding this. So I found a replacement cooler from a local junkyard. Cost me $100 and 7 hour round trip to go get it...

Old 05-15-2022, 07:37 PM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dustinlint
For anyone curious. There isn't much info regarding this. So I found a replacement cooler from a local junkyard. Cost me $100 and 7 hour round trip to go get it...

does it run tranny fluid thru it or coolant? any pics?

if it's the thin radiator behind the ac condenser, I was just peeking around there the other night wondering what that was. these trannys must really really not like heat.

Old 05-16-2022, 11:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ???
does it run tranny fluid thru it or coolant? any pics?

if it's the thin radiator behind the ac condenser, I was just peeking around there the other night wondering what that was. these trannys must really really not like heat.

BOTH! It has Coolant and transmission fluid. It's for when the vehicle is in electric mode. The aux pump runs the fluid.