Disappointed with OnStar

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Disappointed with OnStar

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
Call me paranoid.
I personally would not buy a vehicle in which outsiders (GM, the gov etc) can disable, enable or lock/unlock it to prevent its use, potentially even from me if someone had the desire to do so.

Most everything else I can do on my cell phone.

OnStar has unlocked my truck for me twice now. Both times would have been bad news if not for OnStar.

First time, I'm at the racetrack at Watkins Glen. Had to do a TPMS reset which involved lots of steps. Ended up locking keys in the truck. I was 7 hours from home and OnStar unlocked the truck.

Second time I'm at New Hampshire Motor Speedway with the dog in the truck. I jumped out to sign into the track leaving the truck running as I often do (love autostop). The dog walked on the doorlock button locking me out. On Star opened the doors again. In fact, their call tree has a selection for "doors locked, car running, animal in car".

If you think that you are not being tracked by your FastPass or similar device and the that the police cannot download your car's black box you are living in a hole in the ground. Do you leave your cellphone on? You are being tracked.