compatible ecm

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 12:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default compatible ecm

anyone know if these Two are compatible? obviously I'll have to flash It but broken pin on mine. hoping this works. same serv. no.
from same year tahoe as mine.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: compatible ecm

no it has to be the same part number for it to work ( i.e from another tahoe hybrid)

Old 10-18-2022, 02:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

is the power steering and A/c somehow linked together? ie. if there's no a/c fluid the power steering won't work? I'll be filling the A/c today I guess. I was going to put it off until I knew the truck ran well enough. guess not because I have a feeling it'll solve my power steering issue.

Old 10-18-2022, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dustinlint
is the power steering and A/c somehow linked together? ie. if there's no a/c fluid the power steering won't work? I'll be filling the A/c today I guess. I was going to put it off until I knew the truck ran well enough. guess not because I have a feeling it'll solve my power steering issue.

do not mess with the A/C system if it's done wrong you will have the gut the whole thing and it will cost $10,000 dollars to replace the entire system... there is specific steps that have to be done to do it right....

If the power steering system has an issue more then likely the 42volt power supply failed or is it an intermittent fault?

if it's an intermittent fault it's the 12v battery.. intermittent fault is caused by bad battery posts on the 12volt battery (this can be solved by using post shims ) or faulty 12v battery

Old 10-18-2022, 07:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
do not mess with the A/C system if it's done wrong you will have the gut the whole thing and it will cost $10,000 dollars to replace the entire system... there is specific steps that have to be done to do it right....

If the power steering system has an issue more then likely the 42volt power supply failed or is it an intermittent fault?

if it's an intermittent fault it's the 12v battery.. intermittent fault is caused by bad battery posts on the 12volt battery (this can be solved by using post shims ) or faulty 12v battery
well the A/C was remoced when the mptor was replaced so theres no going back.

besides I just got done refilling it and it blows ice cold now.

the 42v was having issues I'll double check that again but I think it went away with the new battery.

Old 10-18-2022, 09:23 PM

hopefully they did it right...

Old 10-18-2022, 09:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

did what right?

Old 10-18-2022, 09:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

if your talking about the a/c recharge then your misinformed. there is nothing special about the A/C. You should use Pure R134a. no oil dye or sealant in it. but other than that even with the most basic of tools you can do this.

Old 10-19-2022, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dustinlint
if your talking about the a/c recharge then your misinformed. there is nothing special about the A/C. You should use Pure R134a. no oil dye or sealant in it. but other than that even with the most basic of tools you can do this.
Polyol Ester compressor lubricant specially formulated for Electric & Hybrid air conditioning compressors. if they used ac refilling machine that was previously used on a mechanical A/C system to change it then some of the PAG oil could contaminate it it does not take much to cause damage

Old 10-27-2022, 05:31 AM

It would be easy to contaminate a trace amount of PAG oil into the system even using a set of gauges that have been used on a PAG system. Hard to say what the threshold limit is for too much PAG? maybe a trace maybe a few ounces? Maybe not hurt it at all? Who wants to give it a try? (NOT ME)
Loads of people on the internet that are knowledgeable about GM's ECM numbering system. I have heard that the Programming is key, if the ECM plugs up it will work if the PROM is done correctly? https://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/s...hp?tid/307238/

Quick Reply: compatible ecm

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands