2009 Hybrid Tahoe Baffling Mechanics

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 12:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 Hybrid Tahoe Baffling Mechanics

Hi Guys! I really need some help. I have searched all over for the answers and we are stumped. There isn’t much info on this at all and I’m at my wits end.
symptoms:
- 09 Tahoe hybrid has been having cylinder 7 misfires recently. Oil leaking and burning through oil big time.The misfires are so bad.t the car rumbles and rides beyond rough. Especially in reverse.codes p0307, p0300, p0430 & p0455

​​​​​​rode with a mechanic and his expensive obd computer and at times no cylinders misfiring other times four were. He says the lifters seem fine.

things I’ve tried:
- I replaced the throttle position sensor and the throttle pedal.
-Changed the plugs
-changed the coils.

Questions:
-Is it a communication issue between the stupid hybrid drive train and the engine?
Sometimes it drives perfectly smooth.
It is a two mode so it seems to be when the hybrid to engine switches to 4 cylinders that it happens.
Also it is occasionally throwing the cat converter code and large evap leak code.

Two of my mechanic buddies have turned me away and told me to go to go to the dealer but they will just redo all the stuff I’ve done and charge me 5k.
-what do you think the problem is and what is the cheapest way I can fix it? I am very mechanically inclined and can even take the battery out and check for corrosion on the cells/modual if need be.

but please Please help! Does anyone know what’s happening???