A Positive opinion for Sync !

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default A Positive opinion for Sync !

After driving a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with Navigation for three years, and moving up ^ to the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid with Microsoft Sync, I am totally impressed ! I know that many of you are sour on Microsoft with, perhaps good reason. I for one, being a lifelong IT person, knows first hand what the big HAND of the Microsoft engine has done to us!. However, this SYNC system doesn't fit that category. For those who have not had the priveledge of experiencing this new technology, I will provide a detailed explanation below of each feature.
1.) Sirius satellite radio. Full integration with the Navigation system, split screen so you can enjoy Sirius information without loosing your way. The Sirius side has a nice graphic equalizer display as a part of it's display.
2.) Sirius Travel-Link. I was a skeptic about this capability... Could it be worth the money it costs EXTRA?.. Now that I have seen it in use, I am impressed again.. Instant 5 day weather forecasts for your area; instant traffic reports and incidents that are logged on your map with details you don't even hear about in traffic reports. Local gas prices acurate within minutes!. This service, I learned from Sirius is just $89 per year. With the initial service pre-activated, I was told it was active until 2011.
3.) Navigation system. This system is much easier to read than the system in the Camry and the map is better as well. Updates are easier to get and cheaper as well should you decide you need one.
4.) Mp3 player synchronization. I just hooked up my MP3 player with it's USB cable into the USB port in the center console, and when you access device USB, you can select artist, track, album etc of anything on the mp3 device. Very Cool.
5.) CD playing and 10GB hard disk capability.. Just play the CD or MP3 CD in the player and you have a recording capability which Rips the music to the hard disk. Once there, you can access anything recorded by "Play artist Nickleback" or Play track "animals". After ripping about 15 CD's to the hard drive, I inquired on space used.. Hahaha. It said I had room for 2,400 more tracks!.. That's ridiculous ! This is COOL !. All indexed by artist, album, genre, playlist etc.. Great stuff for you music lovers
6.) DVD capability.. Yes you can play DVD's! I watched part of Terminator Salvation while sitting in the garage last Saturday. You MUST be parked to utilize this capability. I can't imagine why you wouldn't want this feature!
7.) Ingrated Phone/Blue-tooth.. The BT capability in the FFH is much better than the Toyota Camry BT. Clearer and better.
8.) Voice commands for nearly everything although I will admit, there are a LOT of commands.. Like "Climate temperature 75" and many more.
So before you read all the bad comments about SYNC.. Please try it out for yourself and see that this is without a doubt, the most advanced technological capability that has ever been in a vehicle!.

By the way, this is my first FORD in my life and I have owned 26, countem 26 different cars in my life.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A Positive opinion for Sync !

I'm a big fan of sync too. Anytime someone is in my car and hears me ask sync to play an artist or to call someone. THEY FLIP! it's great from hands free driving and just fun to play with. I really love getting directions home. Not because i forget but because I love to hear sync (I call her Sara) say my street name... she really sounds drunk when sayN "Torrens Street" It's the double RR's.
All in all I love it! and can't wait for the real next gen sync to hit the showroom floor.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Default Re: A Positive opinion for Sync !

Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u
I'm a big fan of sync too. Anytime someone is in my car and hears me ask sync to play an artist or to call someone. THEY FLIP! it's great from hands free driving and just fun to play with. I really love getting directions home. Not because i forget but because I love to hear sync (I call her Sara) say my street name... she really sounds drunk when sayN "Torrens Street" It's the double RR's.
All in all I love it! and can't wait for the real next gen sync to hit the showroom floor.
Same here KC, the Sync and Nav Sys was the only way to go in the '09 FEH. The only thing better is the '10 FEH and FFH with Nav..

GaryG