Ford BLIS Puzzler Question!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Ford BLIS Puzzler Question!!

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. We have put about 1000 miles on it and all I can do is rave about the car. It is incredible and I am so glad we purchased it. Ford is making a serious comeback with their new vehicles.

Anyway, on to the main question:

When I drive down a certain street in either direction in any lane the Ford BLIS system shuts off. Every time I drive down this road the BLIS radar turns off and it won't work again until the vehicle is shut off. The weird thing is it happens withing a 500 yard area. It is like lightning. It is never in the exact same spot. Does anybody have a clue what could be causing this? I am not upset. It is just a mystery is that is driving me crazy since there is nothing noticibly strange about the area it cuts off. Please let the ideas flow because I can't figure it out!

Old 10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Xdiesel
Default Re: Ford BLIS Puzzler Question!!

I notice that if your passing a metal guard rail that the blis will activate, but I haven't experienced it cutting off except in the rain. I would like to know if there was a way to adjust sensitivity of the system to help eliminate this type of problem.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford BLIS Puzzler Question!!

This is the only place I have ever had an issue (including during rain). The weird thing is there is no metal around the road where it shuts off. It cuts off in any of the three lanes and it always cuts off on the driver's side. It isn't a nuisance. I just want to figure out why it cuts off.