2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids

The Ford rep told my dealer that they did not expect to be able to place orders for the 2010 Fusion or Milan Hybrids until after the first of the year. The order guides are out but they can't input the orders yet. The Hybrids are based on the option content of the high end vehicles (SEL/Premier) so will be fairly expensive. The Fusion will have 3 versions (Spec pkgs) and the Milan one (loaded).

Old 10-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids

One version of the V6 engine will have a flex fuel version but the hybrid will not.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Red

The SEL has the 3.0L Flex Fuel engine standard (optional 0n the SE). The Hybrid has a 2.5L 4 cyl ICE.
The Sport gets the 3.5L engine.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Red

The dealer I spoke to this morning said they would get 1 Fusion Hybrid and 1 Milan Hybrid and any after that would be by random drawing. Some of the drawings may be at the dealer introduction shows (thus encouraging dealer participation in the shows.)

I guess I accept the story that there are a limited number of Hybrid batteries available so production will be limited to 25,000 units or so - BUT - it seems with automobile sales down as much as 30% they would find a way to shift production and run battery plants on overtime to build all we want. Sales of small vehicles were running strong while gas was over $4 a gallon. Now that gas is $1.55 at my Shell station, small car sales have dropped off also.

If Ford put Hybrids on free demand they would likely sell 4 to 5 times the allocation levels. Surely JCI or some other battery manufacturer can produce Hybrid batteries - it ain't rocket surgery!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Any news on when ordering will be avaliable for these?

I think the wife and I are going to trade the 325 for a Fusion Hybrid. We often get the Fusion (sport) as a rental car and we love the size and ride. It is comporable to the 325 in size.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Red

The dealers have the order guides, so you can place an order now. I have not heard scheduling yet.

Ask these questions:
Do you have allocation?
Is my order first in line for your dealership?
What priority are you placing on my order?
Are any of the options I want in short supply (controlled)?
Will you put a lower priority on any hybrid orders after I place my order? (Lower is usually faster - 10 is best a dealer can place on an order)
Will you give me a copy of the DOR when you get it? (Dealer order acknowledgement)

As I understand it each dealership can get one hybrid unit (2 if dual Ford-L/M), the balance by drawing or other programs. If you are 3rd on the list, plan on a long wait or perhaps never.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:34 PM

I just went through the ordering process on my new '09 FEHL and I will not do it again. I will shop the Ford dealers with my offer when the FFH are on the way or on the lots. I could have got a better deal within 10 miles where I live with a FEHL loaded with the equipment I ordered. I will give my local dealers what I will be looking for if they want to compete for my business, but that's it.

GaryG

Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Gary did you not get the car that you actually ordered? Why not cancel your order then on the basis that they did not deliver the product as promised?

Old 01-07-2009, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Gary did you not get the car that you actually ordered? Why not cancel your order then on the basis that they did not deliver the product as promised?
I was one of the first to order the '09 FEH and I was one of the first to get my '09 FEH. The same Auto Broker got me one of the first '05 FEH here in Florida and I've sent him three other friends and family that bought from him.

Gas prices skyrocketed in mid July and my Broker and his dealer decided to raise the agreed upon price of sticker and demanded $500 over as a dealer fee. I paid the extra $500 but will never order or buy from him or that dealer again. It was not Ford I had a problem with because they were excellent.

Many people that ordered a '09 FEH got screwed by their dealers and I helped a few of them find '09 FEH with all the options they wanted on lots below what I paid. These dealers broke the rules of Ford and had fake buyers to order the '09 FEH. I could have got the exact FEH I ordered a week after I bought... from my local dealer for less than sticker.

I will do what I advised others who had problems getting an '09 FEH at the price they agreed to pay. If I don't want to pay what a dealer wants on his lot or on order about to come in, I won't. If I have to go out of State to buy, I will. Ordering from a dealer and waiting a long time only for them to change the price is just not worth it to me. The dealers have all that time to find other buyers who will pay more so they don't have to wait for a vehicle.

With the present economy and gas prices, hybrids are not getting top price and I feel I would get a much better deal without ordering.

GaryG

Old 01-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Red

I found out that the dealers will be given a 6 month allocation number that they can rely on to manage customer orders. For some dealers the quantity might be 1 or 2. If they know that, they can let customers know where they might stand if they order from them ( within a 6 month window).

If a dealer has already ordered their units for the 1st 6 months, that would be the hint to go to another dealer or plan on a long wait.

Quick Reply: 2010 Fusion/Milan Hybrids

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands