Ya know its still wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Ya know its still wrong!

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/marin...=sound_systems

They are STILL advertising the Nav radio as having MP3!!! Wonder if the FTC would get involved?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ya know its still wrong!

Originally Posted by mikesus

They are STILL advertising the Nav radio as having MP3!!! Wonder if the FTC would get involved?

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/marinerhybrid/safety.asp

Hey, those same webpages even show the MMH, w/o the sunroof, having the overhead console.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by mikesus

Not if there is a disclaimer somewhere on the site saying features/options may change or whatever. There commonly is.

The only way you could tag them if they have a disclaimer would be if it was on the window sticker I would think.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Not if there is a disclaimer somewhere on the site saying features/options may change or whatever. There commonly is.
IMHO, there is a big difference between something that was true at one time, but has since changed, and something was never true. Even back when the website was first written.

I mean, the disclaimer says they can change anything at any time. It doesn't say that things are wrong, we know about them being wrong, and we just don't care enough to fix them.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

While it does not make it right, I would bet that Mercury is not updating the website because the 2008 pages will be up soon. I believe the 2008 MMH and FEH do actually have that feature now and I think they are not taking any more orders on 2007 models. At least I know that Ford is not taking orders on 07 FEH's and I would think the same is true at Mercury.

Like I said in the first statement it doesn't make it right that they have not updated the website though.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Enthusiast

I have that same radio/nav in my Escape. Does this mean that Sirius radio can be added? My Ford dealer said no. I had them install a 10 disc MP3 player behind the 6 CD changer under the pax seat. It works great. I can drive coast to coast and not hear the same song twice. Satellite radio would be nice though. Anyone know if it is an option for this nav system?

Old 01-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by braced
I have that same radio/nav in my Escape. Does this mean that Sirius radio can be added? My Ford dealer said no. I had them install a 10 disc MP3 player behind the 6 CD changer under the pax seat. It works great. I can drive coast to coast and not hear the same song twice. Satellite radio would be nice though. Anyone know if it is an option for this nav system?
The 2008 FEH lists an option which includes SIRIUS service in their documentation. Of course I guess this could change at time of actual rollout though.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
IMHO, there is a big difference between something that was true at one time, but has since changed, and something was never true. Even back when the website was first written.

I mean, the disclaimer says they can change anything at any time. It doesn't say that things are wrong, we know about them being wrong, and we just don't care enough to fix them.
I completely agree. I was only commenting on how far one would probably, unfortunately get with a complaint to the FTC. Not how far one SHOULD get with a complaint.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
The 2008 FEH lists an option which includes SIRIUS service in their documentation. Of course I guess this could change at time of actual rollout though.
Mine is a 2007 but should have the same nav unit? I'll have to do some more investigating! Thanks for the reply.

SB

Old 01-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

I believe the NAV units are different between 2007 and 2008. From what I have read the 07 and earlier are a CD based system and the 08 is a DVD based system.

Quick Reply: Ya know its still wrong!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands