Who Has The Most Miles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Who Has The Most Miles?

OK everyone, now that the FEH has been around a while, I am curious about who has driven the farthest and how the car has performed for you. Here is my data:

Year Model: 2005 AWD
Purchased: March, 2006
Mileage: 22025
Fuel Econ: 31 MPG (lifetime average)
Problems: Not One.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Who Has The Most Miles?

You do realize that if you go to Compare, choose a vehicle, there's an option above the user info to resort it by mileage (Driven Farthest), to see who's put the most miles on their vehicle, right?

Old 04-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Enthusiast

No, I did not realize that. Thanks. But it looks like 5 out of the top 10 of the entries in the database are not up to date.

It just seems to me that someone out there would have a very great number of miles on the FEH (60,000+) and I am curious about their satisfaction with the car.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 AM
OT7
Enthusiast

Ford Escape Hybrids Top 175,000 miles: Ford Escape Hybrids have been proving the durability and fuel-saving potential of Ford’s full hybrid technology as New York City taxis since 2005. Today, each of the 18 vehicles that were part of the first wave have been driven about 175,000 miles, yielding fuel savings of close to $250,000 for the fleet. The mileage is equivalent to 11 years of driving by an average consumer. The 2008 Escape Hybrid went into production in January and features a new bold design, engineering refinements and even better real world fuel economy than the original model, thanks to improved powertrain controls, electric power steering and other improvements.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by OT7
Ford Escape Hybrids Top 175,000 miles: Ford Escape Hybrids have been proving the durability and fuel-saving potential of Ford’s full hybrid technology as New York City taxis since 2005. Today, each of the 18 vehicles that were part of the first wave have been driven about 175,000 miles, yielding fuel savings of close to $250,000 for the fleet. The mileage is equivalent to 11 years of driving by an average consumer.

And since taxi drivers pay for their own gas, it makes the FEH a very popular Taxi vehicle among the drivers.

I believe some time ago we had a NY FEH Cab driver here, but I don't think he's chimed in for quite some time.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

I have... ~62400 on my '05 FEH. Got it as it rolled off the truck, the first one in my area according to the dealer (dealers aren't known for accuracy, of course). But I got it A-plan. I commute 30 miles each way to work, plus use the vehicle for orchid shows. I've moved everything plus the kitchen sink in the vehicle so far (concrete block, cement, lumber, plants, kids...).

No major problems at all. Doors are in need of a bit of lubrication, but that is the same on the '03 Focus.

First post. whee.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OT7
The 2008 Escape Hybrid went into production in January and features a new bold design, engineering refinements and even better real world fuel economy than the original model, thanks to improved powertrain controls, electric power steering and other improvements.
My 2007 has electric power steering, no?

Old 05-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

They must mean "improved power steering" but the first press report I saw that mentioned that, I just considered it a typo.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Has anyone had to replace their brakes yet? I'm curious how long they will last.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Nope. But mine had 8mm of pad left at 30,000 miles.
At that rate, they will be 100,000+ mile pads.

Also, Ford predicted the back would wear more than the front, since the electric motor does most of the stopping up front... but all 4 of mine were identical at 30,000 miles.

Does the mean my back ones are wearing less than expected?
Or are the front wearing more than expected?
-John

Quick Reply: Who Has The Most Miles?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands