When will the first one leave Detroit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: When will the first one leave Detroit?

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
On blue oval news there are hybrids rolling off the line intended for dealers all over the country. It does not appear that any state is getting preference toward their vehicles first. My gut tells me that individual orders placed through dealers are getting completed first and that at some point they will switch over to 'fleet' sales (ie, Cali life guards and NY cabbies, etc). This 'switch' will then produce the back up of individual sales which could result in some folks seeing extremely long wait times. Based on watching orders and reactions last year this appears to be what happened on the 08 models too. Just my opinion however so if anyone has facts to back this up or refute it please share.
Not states, dealers. When I shopped for my 2008, Galpin Ford in North Hills CA (just north of LA) had no less than 40 hybrids, split between FEH, MMH, and MTH. They are the largest dealer in the country, and therefore get the largest allocations.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:37 AM

Here is a link about Ford sending 50 FEH Taxis a month to NY:
http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/i...splay/id/16420

"The Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) has committed to the availability of 50 Ford Escape hybrids per month, and is seeking to guarantee more."

GaryG

Old 07-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Here is a link about Ford sending 50 FEH Taxis a month to NY:
http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/i...splay/id/16420

"The Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) has committed to the availability of 50 Ford Escape hybrids per month, and is seeking to guarantee more."

GaryG
I could not pick up where the 50/mth starts. Did I just miss it or is it vague in that regard?

Old 07-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast

My MMH '09 was ordered May 24, and was shipped out this week, July 14. Expected to arrive next week at the dealer.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ggirl
My MMH '09 was ordered May 24, and was shipped out this week, July 14. Expected to arrive next week at the dealer.

That is fantastic...congratulations!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Enthusiast

Congratulations !!

But now I am starting to worry. I ordered a MMH (black, FWD, Nav system) on June 1st and haven't heard anything except that it would take four months. No build date, no nothing .

Old 07-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks all! I'm quite excited! Green Lantern, yours can't be too much longer!

Hates to Slug, did you ask your dealer to check on a VIN#? My dealer didn't volunteer the info, but provided it once I asked. Once you have a VIN# you can follow the progress by posting on blueovalforums. There's an employee who checks on them on his free time. The dealers don't really have that much knowledge as far as scheduling, production, etc. I'm in Georgia and am dealing with a large Ford dealer, but even still, they said they only get about 10-12 allocations.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hates to Slug, did you ask your dealer to check on a VIN#? My dealer didn't volunteer the info, but provided it once I asked. Once you have a VIN# you can follow the progress by posting on blueovalforums. There's an employee who checks on them on his free time. The dealers don't really have that much knowledge as far as scheduling, production, etc. I'm in Georgia and am dealing with a large Ford dealer, but even still, they said they only get about 10-12 allocations.
ggirl, actually mine is scheduled to be built this coming Friday, 7/25. I have a copy of my sticker with my name so feeling pretty good now. My dealer has also called to tell me that he was informed to anticipate the week of 8/4-8/9 for delivery.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I will check with my dealer and see if they has the VIN.