What I'd change...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Default What I'd change...

Would anyone else like to see them bring back the bright yellow color for the FEH? I was so bummed when I realized that I would have to get my FEH in another color; my bright yellow '02 Escape (V6) is SO easy to spot in parking lots (even the really BIG ones, like at the State Fair and so on). I really miss the color (don't think I can afford to have the grey FEH repainted right now).

And while they're at it, it would be great to have the shifter back on the column. I thought that was a weird throw-back to the 70s when I first got the '02, but have really grown to like it - it's out of the way, works fine, and leaves lots of nice area between the seats for storage of little doodads and whatnots. With the dual airbags that are now standard on everything, the cup holders, and now the console shift, there is just NO room to put anything (except that little box under the armrest, which is a pain to get into when you're driving).

Guess I'm just in a complaining mood this evening.

p.s. - So far I'm at 320 miles on this tank and averaging 33 mpg on the gauge... this ought to be a good one!

Last edited by sweetbeet; 07-27-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: What I'd change...

Perhaps it's possible they heard about New York City's interest in making hybrid taxis and private yellow Escapes could potentially confuse the public?

Old 07-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: What I'd change...

There's a complaint thread around here somewhere, where we all talked about what we'd want or change.

Anyway, one thing that I didn't have on there (The seat rests blocking the rear view mirror's view, lack of Memory button on the power seat) was that I would probably remove the parking brake lever, putting it back on the floor switch, and add the old coin area that the Explorer used to have.

But those are mostly very minor, just little things that had I designed it I would've included.

PS I'm at 33.6, at 380 miles.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands