They are everywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default They are everywhere!

In the last couple days I have seen at least three FEH in my part of metro Boston. It's great knowing there are others catching on to the brilliance of these cars.

I saw one today less than half a mile from my house and it got me thinking (wondering) about a "Sightings" type forum that would allow us to post when we see "one of us" as a means of networking with others in our area.

I was driving a company truck at the time or I would have just attempted to make contact with her out the window. Had I done so from the company truck, she probably would have thought I was just a lunatic.

Any thoughts on this?

Old 07-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: They are everywhere!

I've seen 3 or 4 in my town of 90,000 people.

Yesterday, I saw a new one. A white one. Never seen a white one in my town before. And it had a logo on the side. It was a County Vehicle ( like water meter reader or something close ).

I think the Post Office should get a boat load of them. They are ideal customers.
Lots of stop and go slow! And the FEH is about the same shape/size of a traditional mail truck. (Where did all the Jeeps go?)

The FEH could be the next "Jeep" for the P.O. IMHO.

-John

Old 07-11-2006, 05:39 AM

I actually saw one the other day on an Air Force Base, looked exactly like mine but I didn't even bother talking to the driver. He probably didn't even know it was a hybrid and more than likely had it on max a/c the entire time.

Word around the office is that my company is going to start buying hybrids for company cars (SUV's for the big wigs). They will be wasting money. The neanderthals I work with will take it as a challenge to get the LOWEST mpg.

I guess it is still good to see more and more of them on the road....

Old 07-11-2006, 05:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

In the DC metro area, the Metro Security police drive them. Plus while running an different errands, I will generally see 2 or three. When I was getting gas last week, I saw one that could pass as my FEH's twin in the parking lot.

I also saw one (red and silver in a used car lot as well.)

Old 07-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I've got to agree, there seems to be a recent explosion in the population.

Suddenly I've been seeing 2 or 3 a week.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast

<shrug> I dunno ... I've only seen a handful in the Northwest & western 'burbs of Chicago.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 PM

I've still only ever seen two (other than my own, and one on a dealer's patio/lot), and they weren't even in my home city. So notable a sighting I took photos!

Old 07-11-2006, 07:44 PM

I see them all over...but I live in a major city. Mostly Priuses though and a couple of Escapes and now some Highlanders are showing up. Mine's the only Mariner I've seen though. In Philly we have a program called "Philly Car Share" where for a small fee you can "borrow" a car for a couple of hours. Most of these vehicles are Priuses. They have them staged all over downtown. Pretty good for people without a car who need to do a shopping trip. Gas, insurance, child seats are all included.

Advantage
$15/mo - $5.90/hr or $48/day plus 9¢/mile
Basic
$50/yr - $7.90/hr plus 9¢/mile

www.phillycarshare.com

Old 07-11-2006, 08:49 PM

I thought this thread was about FEH sightings, not random hybrid sightings -- there's another thread for that.

San Antonio is a major city, btw. Just not as hybrid/eco-friendly a city, at least not as compared to our neighbors to the north in the State Capital of Texas -- Austin.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:52 AM

Hey...I said I see a couple of FEH's around town....I just mentioned that Priuses were alot more popular and Highlanders are starting to pop up. Its not like I didn't mention FEH's at all.

Quick Reply: They are everywhere!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands