SYNC, Ipod, and Navi display

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default SYNC, Ipod, and Navi display

Question about the Sync system -- if you have the navigation system, is the experience any different than if you don't? In particular I'm wondering if you can actually see data from an Ipod (such as playlist and title) via the navigation screen, or does it rely solely on voice commands?

Also, are there any free websites offering .PDFs of the 2009 FEH manuals? A post earlier this year had links to a website that I believe requires paid registration.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: SYNC, Ipod, and Navi display

This will get you the Ford press material like your Owners Guide and Warranty booklet in .PDF format.

http://www.genuineservice.com/genuin...ault?page=home

Old 11-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: SYNC, Ipod, and Navi display

The 09 nav is pretty slick. You can pick several settings of what you see while the music is playing (artist, album title, song title, genre) by hitting the text settings, and you can pick playlists from your ipod, artists, genre, etc. Only negative is no album art. Not sure why the interface can't display this. I have not seen the playlist displayed anywhere after you select it. It does tell you xx of xxx songs being played. The voice commands are also great as well, especially with playlists.

Last edited by jgATL; 11-14-2008 at 02:20 PM.