Supercharge you FEH

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Talking Supercharge you FEH

I saw this on eBay and though I'd pass it on...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...NA:MOTORS:1123

Last edited by MyPart; 11-14-2007 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Added sarcasm indicators
Old 11-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Supercharge you FEH

You know the whole point of that device is to LOWER your gas mileage, right? You won't find many buyers in this forum!
-John

Old 11-14-2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
You know the whole point of that device is to LOWER your gas mileage, right? You won't find many buyers in this forum!
-John

Sorry. I've added a few 's to further indicate my sarcasm. I'm not the person selling these, I just found them funny as I assume they would have little to no effect on power. Check Youtube for idiots using leaf blowers for a similar cause and getting very little HP increases. TNSTAAFL.

Last edited by MyPart; 11-14-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast

-John
Do they? I was wondering what a cold air intake or super charger would do to car fuel economy but I could find any infor other than horsepower #s. I thought it might give you a more complete burn and higher MPG.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Go to this link: http://www.escape-central.com/1forum...threadid=29114

where you can see a supercharger designed for the 2001-2004 Escape vehicles. Check out the price tag.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

I know more O2 = better combustion. So if the engine isnt getting a good air/fuel mixture, combustion is incomplete.

It appears that much of the torque, even at 55+ speeds is shared with the electric motor.

I am not sure how important raw horsepower is out of the ICE. I switched my airfilter out to a K&N. The factory filter was thick enough you could barely see through it with a trouble light.

Has anyone put in better performance spark plugs to also improve performance/efficiency?

Old 11-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pb5927317
I am not sure how important raw horsepower is out of the ICE. I switched my airfilter out to a K&N. The factory filter was thick enough you could barely see through it with a trouble light.
I used one of the K&N filter in my Mustang and liked it since you only had to buy it once. Have you noticed better fuel economy with the K&N in your Hybrid I was thinking about changing mine out at first service??

Old 11-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, the lifelong part is great, and they are easy to clean.

On my Dodge Rams, I noticed maybe a 1-2 mile increase with them. The big thing that I always noticed is that the engine seemed more responsive.

It is a little harder to judge that with the hybrid, but it does seem to have better throttle response. I also think the engine sounds quieter. Maybe all in my imagination. I only have 1200 miles on it, I dont know about the fuel efficiency. I just like to make sure the motor has all the air it can handle.

Take the factory filter out and see how thick it is. It surely would reduce air flow, so I would think the K&N would greatly improve that if the motor needs it.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:32 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

-John
Does higher intake air density lower MPG? Do our vehicles get better MPG at higher altitude? Maybe superchargers/turbos are OK, or even an improvement when we still drive for optimum MPG.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

A supercharger shoves more air ( oxygen ) in there so you can burn more fuel in there and get more Horsepower out.

This is only important if you are running full throttle and still want more!

Yes, my FEH gets noticably better FE in Denver than Los Angeles.
Less air = less fuel to keep the mix ratio the same. Do I get less power?
Probably, but you'll never know it unless you are at WOT.

And the lower air has zero effect on the torque of the electric motors!

P.S. Did you guys know that nearly all of your driving, more than 95% of the time, you car is making fewer than 25 HP? Did you know your car makes 10-15 HP when cruising at steady speed? Now compare that to a race car that needs 500 HP continuously. Which one will benefit from a supercharger?

Last edited by gpsman1; 11-15-2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: P.S.

Quick Reply: Supercharge you FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands