Sirius Aux or Sat

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Default Sirius Aux or Sat

Does/has anyone found/used a connector/adapter that allows you to use the Aux or Sat button on the non-Nav in dash 6 CD radio (07 FEH)?
I just installed the FM wire thing but read the FM ant plug adapter is better and the direct connect is best but cannot find a plug that says it is for the Escape.
Clif

Old 01-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Default Re: Sirius Aux or Sat

Seriously no one?
What are you SAT people using (the ones who didn't replace the whole unit)? I just made a 2500 mile RT and the thing was basically a paper weight, someone has to know/have a way to make this thing worth its monthly charge.
I talked to logjam and they said they make nothing that will work on an 07 Hybrid.
Clif

Old 01-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If all you want to use is the button and you already have a plug and play Sirius unit then I am not sure what the trouble is. The radios for the Hybrid and regular escapes is the same. You should be able to find a PIE or other aftermarket adapter to take advantage of the Aux or SAT buttons. If they claim not to have one for the 07 then get it for the 06 or 05 as they are all the same. Have you looked through the Master wiring thread sticky at the top of the FEH/MMH forum?

Old 01-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by Tim K
If all you want to use is the button and you already have a plug and play Sirius unit then I am not sure what the trouble is. The radios for the Hybrid and regular escapes is the same. You should be able to find a PIE or other aftermarket adapter to take advantage of the Aux or SAT buttons. If they claim not to have one for the 07 then get it for the 06 or 05 as they are all the same. Have you looked through the Master wiring thread sticky at the top of the FEH/MMH forum?
That is what I thought but after several e-mails they insist they have nothing that will work on an 07 Hybrid. I am assuming that the plug (pin outs) are different if not I cannot figure why they wouldn't interchange.

I have not I will take a look.
Clif

Old 01-04-2008, 08:55 PM

I would bet a bajillion nickels that there is NO difference between the 06 and 07 radios. I would order the adapter for the 06....assuming you have a SAT button on the radio?

I would talk to PIE directly.
Ask them about the FRDN-AUX/S if you have a SAT button and 16 & 20 pin connectors on the back of the radio.
Or, ask about the FRD03-AUX/S if you have a SAT button and 16 & 24 pin connectors on the back of the radio.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:10 AM

I would bet a bajillion nickels that there is NO difference between the 06 and 07 radios. I would order the adapter for the 06....assuming you have a SAT button on the radio?

Ask them about the FRDN-AUX/S if you have a SAT button and 16 & 20 pin connectors on the back of the radio.
Or, ask about the FRD03-AUX/S if you have a SAT button and 16 & 24 pin connectors on the back of the radio.
Thanks for not answering my question Tim, I will not help you also.

GaryG

Old 01-05-2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by GaryG
Thanks for not answering my question Tim, I will not help you also.

GaryG
HUH????????????

Care to explain what the hell you are talking about? You aren't even posting in this thread.

Last edited by Tim K; 01-05-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Think I will give that a shot on Monday after I pull my radio so I know the pin count. I will post my findings to help future 07 folks.
Thanks
Clif