View Poll Results: Do you want Willard to leave?
I want Willard to leave
84.85%
I want Willard to stay
15.15%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Should Willard stay or leave?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Should Willard stay or leave?

Originally Posted by GaryG
<snip> has always responded in a kind way.GaryG
Well, or more usually NOT responded at all...

Old 01-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

wwest wrote: <snip> "I have never owned a Subaru and NEVER will." <snip>

My mistake Willard.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have Willard on my ignore list, so I no longer see his posts. BUT I voted for him to leave. For all occasional or newer FEH/MMH owners who come to this sight, Willard presents a real problem. During my first several months, Willard had me very frustrated and confused with his very wrong info (things like saying block heaters would destroy catlytic converters, suggesting converting your front wheel drive to rear wheel drive, suggesting anti-lock brakes are dangerous in straight direction skids) and when he finally said he was purposefully creating FUD (fear, uncertaintity and doubt) for FEH/MMH owners, he left no doubt he DOES deserve the opportunity to post in these FEH/MMH forums. Frankly I was surprised when the moderator posted his overly empathetic view to let Willard stay and other members could enfluence him. Let Willard, and any one else like him, stay and use this FEH/MMH forum will diminish. Good people with appropriate intentions will stop coming here.

Last edited by 08MMHybridHappy; 01-17-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08MMHybridHappy
I have Willard on my ignore list, so I no longer see his posts. BUT I voted for him to leave. For all occasional or newer FEH/MMH owners who come to this sight, Willard presents a real problem. During my first several months, Willard had me very frustrated and confused with his very wrong info

(things like saying block heaters would destroy catlytic converters,

I have never said that block heaters would "destroy" catalytic converters, only that they might reduce their useful life.

Everyone knows, or certainly should know by now, that most modern vehicles, upon initial cold engine startup, go through a catalyst "warm-up" cycle, generally by running the engine slightly non-optimally for a few miles.

It should therefore be pretty clear to even a child that if you start out, day after day, with the engine pre-heated via the use of ablock heater then that might skew the engine's catalyst warmup cycle to a shorter period.

My '01 F/awd RX300 will not go into OD until I am about a mile from home, longer on a cold day and even longer if left outside on a cold night. My CAUTION on this is that by use of a block heater you may find yourself having to replace an $800 item at 50,000 miles rather than having it last, maybe, for the life of the vehicle.

suggesting converting your front wheel drive to rear wheel drive,

Suggestions are now somehow "off-limits"...??

The suggestion is actually to convert a F/awd vehicle, FEH/MMH/Tribute, to RWD with part-time 4WD capability. There is an aftermarket device, widely used device, that MH/RV owners use to facilitate towing a FWD vehicle with all four wheels on the ground. The device allows one to manually lock/unlock one of the front halfshafts.

Did you know that Ford has a new(er) US Patent that suggests changes are being made to the previous technique of disabling regen the instant ABS activates?

The new idea is to "first" engage the rear driveline (should it be disengaged at the time) on "awd" hybrid vehicles if VSC detects "yaw" during braking. Therby "spreading" the regen braking across more tread surface area and absent further ABS "activation" maintaining regen at a reasonable level.

Any well trained or experienced 4X4 owner/driver will tell you that it can be, "IS", potentially very hazardous to leave the vehicle in 4X4 mode, LOCKED center diff'l, once well underway on a snow or ice covered roadway.

FWD and most F/awd (exception being SH-AWD) vehicle owners have little or no choice, they must "live" with the potential HAZARDS each and every time they drive the vehicle in those conditions/circumstances.

Look at my reasoning for saying the SH-AWD system does not have this potential hazard...

suggesting anti-lock brakes are dangerous in straight direction skids)

"..straight direction skids.."

SKIDS, for many folks, means already having loss control and that is NOT my meaning.

What I mean to say is that there is no harm, often even an advantage, in allowing the wheels to come to a FULL lock during braking provided loss of directional control isn't threatened.

Any modern vehicle owners manual will have wording, CAUTION wording, that forewarns the owner regarding the purpose and functionality of ABS. To paraphase: "ABS is NOT used to provide quicker braking or stopping in a shorter distance, but to allow the driver to maintain directional control when otherwise the braking might result in loss of control."

Most manuals will go on to say that ABS activation will NEVER result in stopping the vehicle in a shorter distance and in some specific cases the stopping distance might be extraordinarily elongated.

I'm simply suggesting that VSC be used to delay the onset of ABS actvation. If directional control is "threatened" then VSC will detect same and allow ABS to do its "work".

and when he finally said he was purposefully creating FUD (fear, uncertaintity and doubt)

Yes, I LIE...!!!

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...49/index5.html

Post # 44...

A CHILDISH request was made and I felt it might be more beneficial to lie in response than otherwise. The LIE should have been obvious to anyone but a a CHILD.

for FEH/MMH owners, he left no doubt he DOES deserve the opportunity to post in these FEH/MMH forums. Frankly I was surprised when the moderator posted his overly empathetic view to let Willard stay and other members could enfluence him. Let Willard, and any one else like him, stay and use this FEH/MMH forum will diminish. Good people with appropriate intentions will stop coming here.

Last edited by wwest; 01-17-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I haven't been here long enough to know you personally, Willard, but I voted to have you leave.

I believe that people that have no personal experience with the FEH/MMH shouldn't be forcing their theories on people that do. Don't get me wrong, you're a very intelligent (tho stubborn) person, but more than half of your posts are in this forum, the rest in various Toyota and the general forum. I believe you're here since you like chaos (which you probably consider a good debate). To us you're just a troll, stirring up trouble and creating misinformation.

The moderators are watching Willard, but since he's not abusive they feel their hands are tied.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by colchiro
I haven't been here long enough to know you personally, Willard, but I voted to have you leave.

I believe that people that have no personal experience with the FEH/MMH shouldn't be forcing their theories on people that do. Don't get me wrong, you're a very intelligent (tho stubborn) person, but more than half of your posts are in this forum, the rest in various Toyota and the general forum. I believe you're here since you like chaos (which you probably consider a good debate). To us you're just a troll, stirring up trouble and

creating misinformation.

You have foundation for that statement...?? I see a few posters refuting my posted information but yet, so far, no substantive "counter" information.

The moderators are watching Willard, but since he's not abusive they feel their hands are tied.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willard
creating misinformation.

You have foundation for that statement...?? I see a few posters refuting my posted information but yet, so far, no substantive "counter" information.
Nothing specific. By misinformation, I mean you distract from the resolution of the problem by creating distractions, resulting in a lot of unnecessary banter, essentially leaving the original poster's problem unresolved because you've stolen the focus.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:22 PM

He remains a stubborn guy who continues to repeatively post incorrect information in an attempt to fit his agenda. He repeatively fails to document (references and in real world conditions) the FEH does what he posts about. He should be treated as a politician on the campaign trail.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by colchiro
Nothing specific. By misinformation, I mean you distract from the resolution of the problem

by creating distractions,

This is what I mean, absent evidence to the contrary, how do you know they are "distractions".

It's all well and good for BillyK to state, again and again, "no, it doesn't work that way" but why not ask him to prove it and thereby stop being just simply a nay-sayer.

resulting in a lot of unnecessary banter, essentially leaving the original poster's problem unresolved because you've stolen the focus.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:09 PM

It's all well and good for BillyK to state, again and again, "no, it doesn't work that way" but why not ask him to prove it and thereby stop being just simply a nay-sayer.

Willard is unable to document the exact words he just posted. It tells you all you need to know about him.

Quick Reply: Should Willard stay or leave?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands