SG-no SOC

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
prg
Enthusiast
Default SG-no SOC

I have a 2009 FEH, had an older SG II which i just sent in to be updated. It is now v 3.15*. It works fine including XGauge except the SOC XGauge is blank. I have triple checked the programming codes and they are correct. Linear Logic thinks that the sensor in the battery may have been changed for 2009. I remember reading something about a microprocessor version problem leading to this. Anyone else having this problem, or is the SOC reading properly on your 2009? Thanks, phil

Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Default Re: SG-no SOC

Originally Posted by prg
I have a 2009 FEH, had an older SG II which i just sent in to be updated. It is now v 3.15*. It works fine including XGauge except the SOC XGauge is blank. I have triple checked the programming codes and they are correct. Linear Logic thinks that the sensor in the battery may have been changed for 2009. I remember reading something about a microprocessor version problem leading to this. Anyone else having this problem, or is the SOC reading properly on your 2009? Thanks, phil
My SoC reads fine in my '09 but the older version 3.15* does not read SoC.

GaryG

Old 12-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: SG-no SOC

Never heard of a SGII with v3.15* that reads SoC. Mine still doesn't after I paid for the upgraded software.
Others with v3.15* have just purchased a new SG.....rather than hassle with LL....I don't think they have been too responsive to those of us that got caught with the old processors that required the 3.15* software. Frustrating.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

I decided to buy a new SGII rather than upgrading my old one for this very reason. The old one would have come back with 3.15* and SoC unfortunately does not work. I like having both hooked up to monitor up to 8 guages!

-- Rick

Old 12-04-2008, 10:11 AM

I added just one xgauge, SOC and it also didn't work on my '09. My SG is about 1-1/2 years old and was updated 6 months ago or so.

I ordered a DashDaq yesterday so guess I'm not going to worry about it.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

DashDaq looks cool. Let me know how you like it when you get it, and how easy it is to program the hybrid specific PID's like generator torque and battery temperature.

I REALLY like the logging feature.
Might have to get one myself!

Old 12-05-2008, 03:27 PM

I'm hoping I can do most of the hybrid codes w/o buying the Ford license.

It should be here on the 9th.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:31 AM
prg
Enthusiast

Well, that is pretty much what I thought. Thanks for the help. phil

Old 01-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glennb
Never heard of a SGII with v3.15* that reads SoC. Mine still doesn't after I paid for the upgraded software.
Others with v3.15* have just purchased a new SG.....rather than hassle with LL....I don't think they have been too responsive to those of us that got caught with the old processors that required the 3.15* software. Frustrating.
My SGII v3.15 reads SOC ok on my 08 FEH. Other things don't work, but SOC does. Or did you mean it doesn't work with the 09 specifically?

Old 01-02-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kephra
My SGII v3.15 reads SOC ok on my 08 FEH. Other things don't work, but SOC does. Or did you mean it doesn't work with the 09 specifically?
I have 3 SGII's and one has the older processor and SoC will not work in any model FEH/MMH. The other newer 2 SGII's read SoC excellent in my '05 and '09 FEH.

It will be interesting to see if this DashDaq is able to read SoC any better or at all compared to the SGII.

GaryG

Quick Reply: SG-no SOC

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands