sensitive emergency brake anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default sensitive emergency brake anyone?

Bunny here...welcome pollkat..I am new also ...just got a 2005 red/silver, leather, safety package, and appearance package FEH. I just love it...my question to all is does anyone have a sensitive emergency brake....I have been driving with the cruise on at about 60 mph and if my husbands leg barely touches the EB all kinds of bells go off and the little icon for EB comes on? What gives...I hate to take the sucker in with less than 500 miles on it...this also causes the cruise to automatically shut off....any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Old 07-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: sensitive emergency brake anyone?

I think I'd have that looked at. Its actually the parking brake in the manual, but frankly mines not that good for that either. If I set it on a hill I can still feel the vehicle slide back onto the parking pawl.

In any case... oversenstivity with my brake isn't the problem... Mine seems too loose, and the light seems normal.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Technology Enthusiast

I have had my parking brake light come on while driving along with the gong sounding. I just pull it up a little and let it go back down to clear it. It probably should be looked at and adjusted but so far this is not a persistant problem.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

When you say Parking Brake light, do you mean the "Brake" indicator light in the dash? or do you mean the "Parking Brake Set" message in the message center? The indicator light is also for your brake system and not just the parking brake. I am just saying this since I actually had my brake and ABS indicator lights come on and I actually had a problem.
However, the only problem I have is my parking brake needs to be adjusted since they only engage when the handle is pulled all the way up.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Technology Enthusiast

Yes I was talking about the message and coresponding annunciator that the parking brake was set.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Enthusiast

Please see my previous message about the Ford OASIS article related to the mis-adjusted parking brake "fix" on 2005 and some 2006 Escape Hybrids. Your dealer will be glad to fix this issue.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast

I can't seem to find an article about Ford Oasis.....could you help me out a little bit...

Old 07-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Enthusiast

Here's a copy of it....

don't know if this has been covered before (and I apologize if it has), but my 2006 (Build 2) Escape Hybrid, built on 10/10/2005 started exhibiting a squeak when I drove at low speeds, especially when making left turns. It turns out that this problem stems from an adjustment problem on the parking brake cable adjuster.

If your Ford Escape Hybrid/Mercury Mariner Hybrid exhibits this squeaking or grinding noise, don't fret -- Ford/Mercury has a fix for it! Your Ford/Mercury dealer simply needs to adjust the parking brake cable adjuster so that there is a "10 mm thread protrusion" on cars built before 5/3/2005 and a "15 mm thread protrusion" on vehicles built on 5/3/2005 or after.

It's possible that the squeak may persist after this adjustment is made. If so, the parking brake drum and shoes may have to be cleaned because of excessive lining buildup.

This may be a problem on FEH and MMH's built between 8/2/04 and 11/21/05.

Your Ford/Mercury dealer can reference OASIS article 302000 for this information.

Hope this clears up the numerous queries about this problem!
Byung Jay Kim

Old 02-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Hybrid Lover

When I told my dealer about this Oasis article, he said the number didn't make any sense, he didn't know what the Oasis thing was and he didn't want information I found on the "internets"

Old 02-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Wow didnt know what Oasis is? You need to find another dealer that doesnt have CONTEMPT for you.

Quick Reply: sensitive emergency brake anyone?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands