Selling 08 Escape Hybrid battery pack

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Selling 08 Escape Hybrid battery pack

I have a pack that I picked up and was told had about 80k miles on it. The pack seems to work well as I had it in my vehicle for a while as troubleshooting. The pack swap didn't fix the problem I had and the pack has a bit of fan noise and wrench light so I believe it needs new fans. Other than that it is in great condition from what I can tell and the car functioned the same with it as with my other pack.

The pack is located at my house in Wisconsin Rapids, Wi and would either need to be picked up or you could arrange to have me deliver it for a reasonable fee at some time in the future. I can't do delivery quite yet as I am recovering. You will need at least two people with you to lift the pack unless you're pretty strong as I am not supposed to lift heavy things for a while.

Let me know if there is any interest. I think a fair price for it with needing fans is about $400 but I am open to offers.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling 08 Escape Hybrid battery pack

If it's in AZ, it's sold.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Like the ad says it's in Wisconsin Rapids, Wi. I do have family in Arizona, so it's possible if it doesn't sell locally that I would be inclined to bring it along when I go. They're in the Scottsdale and Flagstaffish area, forget the name of my mother's town. I don't think Mesa would be a huge way out of the way though. I don't plan on going there anytime soon, but it's a possibility if it does not sell locally.

Old 04-07-2017, 10:45 PM

Clearly I need to work on my reading comprehension. Mesa is < 30 minutes from Scottsdale. I could come to flag as well. Let me know if it doesn't sell locally.

Steve

Old 07-27-2017, 01:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I might be coming to Arizona sometime in the next month or two. Are you still interested in buying the battery? I could take it with me when I go there.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:04 PM

Perhaps. I have since acquired a cheap 05 FEH with a "bleedaway" battery, i.e., battery works, but it discharges like crazy.

Year of the your pack?

Old 07-27-2017, 02:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

It was out of a new body style Hybrid, so at least an 08, I don't want to quote it as newer. I am pretty sure it was an 08. It was a totaled vehicle. You could take the two packs and make a good one. Mine just needs the fans replaced, at least one is very annoying hence the trouble of swapping back. I have noticed there may be a somewhat out of spec string, but it only shows up with repeated teenage driving. If you intentially discharge it at full throttle and brake heavily then keep going it ends up with high battery voltage delta by the time it approaches 40% SOC.

Seems like it functions normally when driven normally, just want to reveal everything for the state of full disclosure. Mileage was stated as 80k but I have no way to verify. The pack has been sitting out of a vehicle for about half a year now. I understand you have the equipment to handle it if it discharged and sort out the bad sticks to make one factory fresh pack out of two decent packs.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:25 PM

I'm having a mental blockage. I'm partial to the 05-07 with the HV jump starter built in. I'd love a drop-in replacement, but I'd hate to lose the jump starter. Lemme think about it for a couple days.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, you could take the two packs and make them into an 05-07 pack if that's your preference. It's not drop in either way. The fans are definitely bad.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:32 PM

I understand. I'm looking for easy mode... Fan swap would be almost-easy-mode. I'm just trying to be honest with myself about how and when I'll have some time to really focus on this. I really shouldn't have bought it...

I need to mull it over a bit in my head.

Quick Reply: Selling 08 Escape Hybrid battery pack

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands