Screaming deal on Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II 235/70R16 tires.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 09:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Screaming deal on Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II 235/70R16 tires.

These are the highest rated tires in their class on TireRack. I have them and they are phenomenal on dry and wet roads (no snow experience in Florida.)

Read the test ratings and reviews on TireRack...they really are that good. Here's their test conclusion:
"Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II (Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season, 235/60R18 107V)
  • What We Liked: It's smooth and quiet on the road, nice to drive in the dry, strong in the wet, good in the snow.
  • What We'd Improve: It doesn't need anything, but we'll always take more.
  • Conclusion: Pirelli's improvements make this one just right."

Walmart is selling them for $115.33 each (currently $148.40 on TireRack.) They should be eligible for the $70 rebate on a set of four from Pirelli.

Tire link

Rebate link

Last edited by GatorJ; 06-05-2021 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:55 AM
Default Re: Screaming deal on Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II 235/70R16 tires.

Originally Posted by GatorJ
These are the highest rated tires in their class on TireRack. I have them and they are phenomenal on dry and wet roads (no snow experience in Florida.)
Yup, I bought them based on your recommendation and reading at the TR and I like them a lot. I got the same price when I bought mine and then WalMart jacked the price to $145.50.

It's good to see they're offering that price again.

There's something wrong with your link. Here it is again.

They really are good wet/dry. The car's handling improved noticeably. I keep mine at 38 PSI cold. Mine seem to be wearing very well and very evenly. Caveat: These are made with 11/32" treads, not 13/32 like some other tires. They are holding up very well.

What I really like about them is that they are QUIET. This car will never be a Lexus/Mercedes in terms of NVH but they made a real difference. I was driving at 75-80 last night on the highway and the car was almost eerily quiet.

Last edited by AlexK; 06-06-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:26 AM
Default Re: Screaming deal on Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II 235/70R16 tires.

TireRack is showing these as on closeout. Pirelli just announced the introduction of the Plus 3, but the smallest diameter is 17", so this model/series tire might not be available for our vehicles at some point soon.

Old 06-30-2021, 06:58 PM

Update on these tires:

Since I purchased them and until tonight, I've only driven through a few medium-light rainstorms. Until now. Tonight we got hammered with an absolute downpour, a monster thunder and lightning storm that had rain falling at God knows how many inches an hour. I was on an interstate highway on my way home when I drove into some of the darkest thunder and lightning I've seen in a long time. I called home in advance and the power had already been knocked out. The rain was so heavy that lots of big trucks were pulling over, many were running at 45 MPH with their signals on, ditto most of the cars on the road. People stopping under bridges because they couldn't see / were afraid. Rain that sounded like marbles hitting the windshield. So much rain I had the wipers on 4 even with the Rain-X (which is still working OK but I'm looking forward to the aquapel.)

I don't have much basis for comparison on this car, but these tires are REALLY GOOD in the rain. I could maintain 60 in the left hand lane and the car never lost traction or felt scary. I was outpacing just about everyone and there was no drama, it was tracking straight and true as the Flood came down around me. The wind was more trouble than the water. After leaving the highway I went around around a semi-blind corner into a "flash" puddle that had never been in that place before. It must have been 4 inches deep and 30 feet long. The water sprayed out from underneath the right wheels like Old Faithful and the car slowed down like a water-braked rocket sled but there was NO control problem - I just turned the wheel a little and went right through it.

After I got home and the power was back on I went out to double-check the car. It was fine and it was CLEAN. The rain had blasted ALL the bugs off the paint, the mirrors, the grille and every other surface. It was like driving through a touchless car wash for 20 minutes.

They should call these the "Pirelli Scorpion Noahs." I'm sold on these tires in the rain, to say the least. Thanks GatorJ!

Last edited by AlexK; 06-30-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by AlexK
Update on these tires:

Since I purchased them and until tonight, I've only driven through a few medium-light rainstorms. Until now. Tonight we got hammered with an absolute downpour, a monster thunder and lightning storm that had rain falling at God knows how many inches an hour. I was on an interstate highway on my way home when I drove into some of the darkest thunder and lightning I've seen in a long time. I called home in advance and the power had already been knocked out. The rain was so heavy that lots of big trucks were pulling over, many were running at 45 MPH with their signals on, ditto most of the cars on the road. People stopping under bridges because they couldn't see / were afraid. Rain that sounded like marbles hitting the windshield. So much rain I had the wipers on 4 even with the Rain-X (which is still working OK but I'm looking forward to the aquapel.)

I don't have much basis for comparison on this car, but these tires are REALLY GOOD in the rain. I could maintain 60 in the left hand lane and the car never lost traction or felt scary. I was outpacing just about everyone and there was no drama, it was tracking straight and true as the Flood came down around me. The wind was more trouble than the water. After leaving the highway I went around around a semi-blind corner into a "flash" puddle that had never been in that place before. It must have been 4 inches deep and 30 feet long. The water sprayed out from underneath the right wheels like Old Faithful and the car slowed down like a water-braked rocket sled but there was NO control problem - I just turned the wheel a little and went right through it.

After I got home and the power was back on I went out to double-check the car. It was fine and it was CLEAN. The rain had blasted ALL the bugs off the paint, the mirrors, the grille and every other surface. It was like driving through a touchless car wash for 20 minutes.

They should call these the "Pirelli Scorpion Noahs." I'm sold on these tires in the rain, to say the least. Thanks GatorJ!

You're welcome. Living in Florida wet traction was a critical factor for me. I like these so much better than anything else I've ever had on one of my Escapes, I bought another set at the end of the rebate period. I was concerned they are being discontinued and not being replaced in16" diameter. I have a climate controlled storage unit with a proper tire rack that stores up to 15 tires on it. In fact, I was so impressed with these, I bought a set of Pirelli Cinturato AS Plus 2s for my CT. They were also very highly reviewed and Amazon was selling them for $32 less per tire than TireRack. So Pirelli owes me $140 in rebates.