Scanguage the info display?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Scanguage the info display?

The experts here may have covered this before, and I will probably be ordering a Scanguage II, but has anyone asked Ford to provide some of the functionality of the scanguage in the info display on the dash? Especially with the 2008s it would seem that they could have provided us with a little more info in that screen, SoC for example instead of the simple "elect energy ok." I'd bet a software tweak from them would be alot more than the $160 for a scanguage however

Yea, I know, should have ordered the Nav, but the $2000 extra was too much for me.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default Re: Scanguage the info display?

Well I have the nav and a SGII with the current sw. I use both and the SG has been a big help. I really like the current trip monitors and the numeric SoC. Also the instant mpg from ford is to fast and hard to use. The thing I like from the nav is the power flow with the arrows that indicate how much power is flowing. Ford would sugest you buy the Nav system if you want more info. remember 99% of the people that own or will own a FEH/MMH/MTH dont want to go to school to learn how to drive their new toy. This is why it has a gear shifter.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Scanguage the info display?

You are better off not spending the money for the Ford Navigational system. You can spend less money, have two scanguages (one monitoring for fuel efficiency, one for engine/vehicle data) and purchase an aftermarket GPS device to provide almost all of the same information.