scangauge

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default scangauge

Maybe you experienced SG people can help. I have just started using the SG with my new FEH, and have two problems.

1. The backlight worked for two days, and hasn't been on since. I've tried resetting it to loaw, medium, and high, but no luck. I suspect that that is just a defective SG, but there is always the possibility that it is human error.

2. (More serious.) It turns off every time I pull up to a red light, and the engine stops the way it is supposed to. Is this normal, or is it supposed to wait until I take out the key? The Manual seems to say that you have to either take out the key or press a button after the engine stops to put it to sleep. That isn't what is happening.

Hal

Old 03-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: scangauge

IMHO, neither problem seems to be the "norm"...I've had no similar problems with mine in the month I've had it. I'd try, 1) disconnecting the ODBII plug-in, plugging it back in and then resetting things, or 2) contact Ron at LinearLogic. He seems to be very good in the customer support department...

Old 03-27-2006, 07:32 PM

Hi hal:

Go to type of fuel and go pass "gas" to "Hybrid" and enter. Your making the same mistake all of us made. Enjoy the best $130 you put out for the rest of your life.

GaryG

Old 03-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Hi hal:

Go to type of fuel and go pass "gas" to "Hybrid" and enter. Your making the same mistake all of us made. Enjoy the best $130 you put out for the rest of your life.

GaryG
Thanks, Gary, that did it. it's some comfort to know I'm making the same mistake everyone did. I'd hate to invent a mistake of my very own.

Hal

Old 03-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Hi hal:

GaryG
Oh, I forgot to comment on the best $130 I put out in my life. We borrowed the money to buy a marriage license (a lot less than $130 in those days), and that was a first-rate investment. Or so the kids think.

Hal