Scan Guage II

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 01:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Scan Guage II

Can the ScanGuage II program the Smart Juction Box (SJB) in order to turn off the DRL?

Old 06-21-2020, 08:38 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Scan Guage II

i have written linear logic in mesa arizona - hope to have an answer some time this week

Old 06-22-2020, 12:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

reply from scanguage was a negative

Old 06-22-2020, 01:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Did you search the forum for DRL? I'm probably wrong, but I seem to recall a way of turning off DRL with a sequence of key turns and dashboard controls. Worst case, the dealer can certainly do it, but probably $100 charge.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

i think that sequence you are referring to turns off the seat belt warning chime (or one of something like that).
in an f series foruim it is mentioned that for 07 and older, there is a resistor block near the left side headlight and one only needs to disconnect
and the drl are off (i suspect it is the same for the escape - not for sure though).
dealer can do it (might be a high fee) but i have read on older forums where the dealer turned it on for free - maybe be for good will as a safety feature
and/or someone has an insider that will help a person out.
Forscan can do it - good threads on that forum about it - but i think that it is high dollar for forscan.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

Forscan for Windows is free. It's also the most useful version IMO

Old 06-28-2020, 09:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rex B
Forscan for Windows is free. It's also the most useful version IMO
+1,000

Scangauge is antiquated in this day and age. With $20 bluetooth/wi-fi OBDII readers and free/cheap apps, they are essentially an over-priced/underperforming product. I have one. I plugged it in once. It's in a box somewhere now because I have so many other cheap tools that are more effective and easier to setup.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

thanxs Steve for the insight; i need a 12 volt for my FEH so i am not driving now (but was about 3 days ago);
but to get to my point, i thought that owners (FEH) were using the scanGuage as a tool for monitoring the coolant temperature;
it does not have a coolant temperature guage so ScanGuage can be set up for that purpose.
Do you (and anyone else reading this) agree?

Old 06-29-2020, 05:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

thanxs Rex for the reply - looks like that is on the "to do" list;
got a few projects in front if it though.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

this is from the year 06 and i think it is the toyota forum:

"For me, the reason for purchase was to be able to have a real-time display of various sensor readings, so that I can see what's going on with the ICE. One can display, amongst other items, ICE rpm, ICE % load, water temperature, fuel usage per hour rather than per distance, etc. This has helped me understand what the ICE is doing at different times. The fuel economy readout spans a much greater range than the dashboard display."