Sale on Scangauge II

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Sale on Scangauge II

I don't like to advertise for Amazon, but I just noticed they lowered the price on the ScanGauge II by about $20 to $139.99 for those interested. The lower price may not last for long though.

See here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

Old 03-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Sale on Scangauge II

Good price, but I wonder if this version will work with the FEH. Can be returned if not.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
Good price, but I wonder if this version will work with the FEH. Can be returned if not.
I thought this was the only version of the ScanGauge II currently sold... that does work with the FEH/MMH.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by leoashton
I thought this was the only version of the ScanGauge II currently sold... that does work with the FEH/MMH.
My SGII does not fully work with the FEH, e.g. the State of Charge displays as blank. Linear-Logic is aware of this problem but no solution seems to be forthcoming. Reportedly the newest SGII's have a different processor that will work with the FEH, and I would hope that Amazon is shipping that version.

I think I will order one from Amazon and give it a try. I really want to get SOC working. Thanks for the tip.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

How hard is it to set up and configure ScanGuage, at least as far as getting fuel mileage readings? It occurs to me that if it is easy to set up, then we all should be taking a ScanGuage with us before we buy any car. Before you sign on the dotted line, you could take it for a little drive and see what kind of mileage the car really gets. I'm constantly suprised by the wild differences in mileage people get in their cars. I know driving styles amount to some of the difference, but I have a suspicion that some cars have something wrong with them and just don't quite get as good mileage as other identical models coming off the assembly line. I don't know know if it's a problem with sensors, or what, but I've got to believe that it's more than driving styles.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by chaunceyjb
How hard is it to set up and configure ScanGuage, at least as far as getting fuel mileage readings? It occurs to me that if it is easy to set up, then we all should be taking a ScanGuage with us before we buy any car. Before you sign on the dotted line, you could take it for a little drive and see what kind of mileage the car really gets. I'm constantly suprised by the wild differences in mileage people get in their cars. I know driving styles amount to some of the difference, but I have a suspicion that some cars have something wrong with them and just don't quite get as good mileage as other identical models coming off the assembly line. I don't know know if it's a problem with sensors, or what, but I've got to believe that it's more than driving styles.
It's very simple to plug in, but I wouldn't want to judge a car's mileage based on the test drive fuel economy. We got 26mpg per our HCH's computer on the test drive--something that concerned me a little when buying it. Needless to say, the actual mileage has been substantially better than that.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Originally Posted by chaunceyjb
I know driving styles amount to some of the difference, but I have a suspicion that some cars have something wrong with them and just don't quite get as good mileage as other identical models coming off the assembly line. I don't know know if it's a problem with sensors, or what, but I've got to believe that it's more than driving styles.
It's mostly due to different fuel "blends".
There are over 130 variations to the gasoline "recipe" in the U.S. alone.
There could be 'slight' variations from build to build.
Also test cars with more miles ( one with 100 miles will do slightly better than one with 10 miles, and 1000 miles will beat one with 100 ) will perform better due to being 'broken in'.

The ScanGauge version you want is 3.15. NOT 3.15* ( with astrisk does not give all the xGauges )

It would be cool if the seller could plug it in and verify.
I need one for a second car, but I want 3.15 only.
Post if someone finds out!
-John

Old 03-23-2008, 01:37 PM

I need a scanguage as well. Is Amazon the best place to get it?

Old 03-23-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
The ScanGauge version you want is 3.15. NOT 3.15* ( with astrisk does not give all the xGauges )

It would be cool if the seller could plug it in and verify.
I need one for a second car, but I want 3.15 only.
Post if someone finds out!
-John
Mine is on order from Amazon. I'll post the version when I receive it, but it's being returned if it's version 3.15*.

I've spoken to Ron at Linear-Logic twice over the past few months, but no firmware fix for 3.15* is on the horizon, and he's not offering customers in my situation any alternatives (exchanges, discounts) to get a fully working unit. Since I really want to monitor SOC, my only alternative was to reluctantly purchase another unit.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by econoline
Since I really want to monitor SOC, my only alternative was to reluctantly purchase another unit.

I have version 3.14 I use for trip (fuel) efficiency and I have version 3.15# that I use for vehicle infomation. Mine does read SOC correctly and I have an AWD (2005) as you do. Is there a difference between the 2005 and 2007 models?

Quick Reply: Sale on Scangauge II

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands