Reactivate MPG Display

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Reactivate MPG Display

Has anyone figured out how to reactivate the economy displays for the vehicles with the useless nav systems? When removing the it seems like the only alternative is Scangauge...

Old 04-09-2007, 04:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Reactivate MPG Display

I would like to know that myself, I took out the factory NAV & replaced it with an Eclipse 5500.

I do have a Scanguage II which is very accurate for mpg, but I would like the option of using the dash display for mpg also.

~John

Old 04-09-2007, 05:13 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

A dealer can hook up the green message center to display MPG, but the question is, will they, and what will it cost?

The ScanGuage is great for 95% of all driving conditions, and is fairly accurate for most things, most of the time.

It does not register MPG correctly if you do A LOT of EV driving, or do lots of Hypermiler techniques, such as lots of coasting. Then, the built-in is much more accurate. On a recent mountain ski trip, my ScanGauge under reported MPG by 20%. However it is pretty close to the factory one most of the time.

( and of course you get lots of "extras" besides MPG )

Old 04-09-2007, 05:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It must be the kind of driving I do, but every single time I checked actual mpg against the SG or the NAV, the SG was consistently MORE accurate than the NAV.

The NAV was always reading too high by around 2 mpg when the SG was dead on.

~John