Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Enthusiast
Question Questions

I just purchassed a 09 Mercury Mariner. I hope someone can help me with the following questions>

1. Can I buy a chip that allows me just to run electric engine at times?
2. My new Iphone does not work with sync, can I fix this?
3, what is the best place it get accessories?

Thanks for any help and advice you may give.

Andrew

Old 08-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Questions

1. I do not think that is a possibility yet, nor do I think that is possible with any hybrid today. You should buy an electric car if that is what you want.
2. I think that is a Microsoft thing not a Ford thing so you will have to investigate more. Have you been on synchmyride.com yet? They talk about adding new phones but seeing as how Apple and Microsoft are not great pals you may be waiting a bit for that to happen.
3. You probably are going to have to wait a bit yet for accessories for the 2009 models since those are not even advertised yet as available. Those of us that have bought or ordered did so before the vehicle has been publicly marketed. The accessory companies need time to get all the specs and modify all their inventory to fit the new vehicle if any specs changed from 2008.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I would assume most 08 acc. would fit an 09, just depends on the specifi mod. Mud flaps might be different, but cargo mats I suppose are still the same (since 05!) I've gotten all my mods off e-bay, or online.

Congrats, and where's the pics!?!?!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think mats are the same from 05 on. There was a body update with the 2008 model and I think that it is significantly different than the previous models. I would not be surprised if the 08 and 09 interiors are the same in terms of dimensions though.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
I don't think mats are the same from 05 on. There was a body update with the 2008 model and I think that it is significantly different than the previous models. I would not be surprised if the 08 and 09 interiors are the same in terms of dimensions though.
The floor mats in the '05 FEH and the '08 MMH are the same size. I know because I bought John Dixson's mats out of his '08 MMH for my '05 last year. They're just a little lighter gray in color.

GaryG

Old 08-06-2008, 05:19 AM

It was my understanding that the dimensions of the rear cargo area changed slightly on the '08 as compared to the '05-'07. I would expect that the '09 retained the interior dimensions of the '08 but I have no 1st hand knowledge to back that up.

Andrew, did you get a '09 Mercury Mariner Hybrid?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
The floor mats in the '05 FEH and the '08 MMH are the same size. I know because I bought John Dixson's mats out of his '08 MMH for my '05 last year. They're just a little lighter gray in color.

GaryG

I sit corrected...thanks Gary. But what about the cargo area? Isn't that a different footprint than before? You have both so you can easily answer this one.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Green Lantern
I sit corrected...thanks Gary. But what about the cargo area? Isn't that a different footprint than before? You have both so you can easily answer this one.
I don't know for sure, but the inside panels are a different shape above the carpet, but it seems there the same at the carpet. John Dixson bought the Ford cargo rubber mat and returned them to buy the Husky that I saw. John said he like the Husky one much better. My guess is the Husky is the same part number from '05 thru '09 in the FEH/MMH.

GaryG

Old 08-07-2008, 09:43 AM

Husky has a different part number for the cargo mat for the '08 (23141) than the '05-'07 (23131). This leads me to believe that the cargo area outline did change a little in '08.

The front and rear passenger floor mat part numbers are the same (33171-front, 63171-rear)

Ref:http://www.huskyliners.com

Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Regarding the SYNC/iPhone issue, I'd browse the discussion forums at Apple (http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1) or iLounge (http://forums.ilounge.com/). That's the best place to go for any iPhone/iPod issues.

I recently rented a new Focus with MS SYNC and had a horrible time using it with my iPod. I ended up running it into the audio input jack instead of the USB/SYNC interface. It was easier to just control everything from the iPod instead of the less than stellar speech recognition.

-todd

Quick Reply: Questions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands