Problem with clock

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Enthusiast
Default Problem with clock

We have had our 2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid for almost two weeks not and have been unable to get the clock to keep time. Anyone had this problem?

Old 10-27-2006, 04:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Problem with clock

Mine is running fine. I know that probably isn't of much help.

Do you have the Nav radio? If so, there are two ways to set the time. One is manually using [TIME] and cursor to increase or decrease the numbers. When finished, you need to press [DONE].

The other way is to using [SET] which reads the minutes and seconds being broadcast from a GPS satellite, and uses that.

I used [SET] and I think that causes it to re-get the minutes and seconds from a satellite because when I start my hybrid, the radio shows "--:--" for a few seconds, and then starts to display the right time. I guess the delay is while it gets the info from a satellite????

Old 10-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

We have tried it both ways. I stays blank for most of the time. Sometimes it reads the GPS time and it is the wrong time. Could it be a software issue?

Old 10-27-2006, 07:10 AM

Just another guess...

I set the Home button to be my house. Did you do that yet? I base this guess on that possibly it needs to know where home is, to figure out the right time?

Old 10-27-2006, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Just another guess...

I set the Home button to be my house. Did you do that yet? I base this guess on that possibly it needs to know where home is, to figure out the right time?
I would hope any GPS system would be smart enough to know where the vehicle is since that is the main purpose of GPS. The home button should have no affect on the clock.

GPS satellites use very precise clocks that all have to be exactly synchronized for the system to work. They are set to UTC or Universal Time Coordinated(used to be called GMT). If the clock is consistently off by an hour maybe there would be come confusion regarding time zone or daylight savings time. The GPS time should be 4, 5, or 6 hours ahead of local time (east to west in the US) right now and 5, 6, or 7 hours ahead after Saturday night. The minutes should be right anywhere in the world. If the minutes are off or if you are getting blank display then there certainly sounds like there is a problem.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Enthusiast

I think we did, but I willl check to make sure.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by nitramjr
I would hope any GPS system would be smart enough to know where the vehicle is since that is the main purpose of GPS. The home button should have no affect on the clock.
I was thinking that, indirectly, the home button would define what time-zone one wanted. One might not want just any time zone one happen to be in at that moment. However, I agree that doesn't make since since the [SET] doesn't set the hours and therefore is time zone immune.

Anyway, I was just trying to figure out what buttons I pressed on my Nav, such that it works for me, and that maybe Sherrybug hadn't pressed yet.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast

I don't think there is a button I haven't pressed. We have tried it so many ways. It should be a very simple thing to do, but it isn't working for us.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast

• Clock Setting: Your vehicle is equipped with a clock in the VNR
system. To set the clock:
1. Access the CLOCK screen.
Entertainment Systems
2. Press the TIME control to select
the hours or minutes to set.
3. Use the cursor control to increase
or decrease the hours or minutes.
4. Press DONE to set the time.
5. Select the SET soft key to
synchronize/set the minutes and
seconds to GPS time.The hours will
remain at the user set value.

You may choose to set the clock to a 12 or 24 hour display.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Enthusiast

I have done all this several times without any success. I appreciate your help though.

Quick Reply: Problem with clock

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands