Pricing for '08 MMH

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Sustainability Fan
Default Pricing for '08 MMH

An old thread on buying the 2008 FEH, which is close to my question, got archived. I hope the moderators will make a pricing discussion sticky for those of us kicking tires.

Anyway, I am ready to buy the 2008 MMH and am wondering what others can share about pricing. I have Consumer Reports price data, and I am looking at the loaded options:

4WD
Premium Package
Moon & Tune
110 V outlet

Ford's website build & price page gives MSRP of $32,750. Our local dealer's trying to get $3,000 more than this! Has anyone got an Xplan price for a vehicle with these options? Anyone who doesn't want to make numbers public can PM me.

Thanks.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Pricing for '08 MMH

Originally Posted by drcool
Ford's website build & price page gives MSRP of $32,750. Our local dealer's trying to get $3,000 more than this! Has anyone got an Xplan price for a vehicle with these options? Anyone who doesn't want to make numbers public can PM me.
Xplan is within a hundred dollars or so of invoice. If you get an Xplan pin, you will also get an ID/password into the ADXZ plan website, and you can get the Xplan price exact to the dollar.

The only "problem", is that Ford will only quote an Xplan price on an existing vehicle. So, even on the website, you will need to search dealer inventory to find a hybrid already on their lot with the exact equipment you want. Not an easy task, sometimes, especially if local dealer inventory of hybrids is low.

There are two major advantages of Xplan. First, the price is fixed by Ford. No negotiation or haggling. No "market adder" ($3K ). Second, the price if fixed by Ford. No "documentation" fees. No "advertisement" fees. All you pay over Xplan is registration and tax.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast

I think the "Invoice" is around 30.5K for your retail of 32.7K from what I saw over the weekend when I was looking at a load sheet to order mine.
This was for a version with everytrhing except the towing package.

Hopefully it will get entered today & scheduled to be built before September to avoid any possible strikes

Old 07-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Enthusiast

This is what I saw on a current load sheet for a 08MMH 4wd (base $27.7K)
Total Base - just under $33K for a very loaded 08MMH
Xplan is $31K (that is if the dealer will take a X-Plan which I found out some are not, at least not ordering one on a X-Plan)