Preaching to the Choir

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Preaching to the Choir

Not long after I got my FEH, I started getting My Ford "Magazine", essentially a promotion/newsletter about Ford products. Attached was pre-filled out postcard to check and return, to get news and information about a vehicle of my choice(s). I checked the FEH box, and sent it in.

I got this week, a personalized pamphlet, for the FEH, an abridged brochure, including a brief diagram/explaination of how the FEH works, features, etc. (It may be of note to any MI residents that the Nav system has a picture of Maple [15 Mile] and Rodchester)

Anyway, this struck me as both funny and redundant. Granted, I can understand the idea of sending the info to someone who doesn't have a FEH, and wants to know more about them, and just as I checked the FEH box, I could've checked the Mustang, F-150, etc. But I got the magazine because I bought the FEH, the card was prefilled out for me owning the FEH, it's a lot like preaching to the choir. While I understand it, I figured at the time it would be more like info relating to the vehicle, like the FEH Experience.

I briefly joked around with taking pictures of my own FEH, scanning and altering the brochure, and sending it back to them, as the information they should know.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Preaching to the Choir

As an update, I recieved in the mail an incentive, to go to my Ford dealer and test drive an Escape Hybrid, offering a card worth $50 for test driving one!

You'd think they'd have something that lets them know they just sent a $50 offer to drive a vehicle at the dealership where the person bought that same vehicle from. (And within 8 months!)

Old 01-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

A $50 card for what? I want mine!

Old 01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
As an update, I recieved in the mail an incentive, to go to my Ford dealer and test drive an Escape Hybrid, offering a card worth $50 for test driving one!

You'd think they'd have something that lets them know they just sent a $50 offer to drive a vehicle at the dealership where the person bought that same vehicle from. (And within 8 months!)
I bought my second one within 3 months of the first one. Had I known they would be sending out $50, I'd have held out. Although I never test-drove the '06 - bought it right off the truck.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands