P0A1f

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default P0A1f

ugh so new issue arose today, started off the car and i was met with a wrench light and well tought the car was just being a butt again because i was going up-hill emmidiatly after having had turned the car on. So once i got to a stop light i plugged i turned the car off and back on to see if the wrench light would go away, but was meet with the wrench light plus the engine light and on dash was a message that read Emissions service soon ( dont think its related to this)

next stop light i plugged in my OBD sensor and began monitoring BCM on ForScan noticed that the BSOC on the battery was around 22% so decided to set the AC to the MAX position as to not use the hybrid battery. I arrived at my destination and left the car for 5min and came back, checked the BSOC and it now read 40% so less worried and when i got home i got on my phone and ran the error codes and got the following...

PCM--
P0A1F-FF -- Battery energy control module

OBDII --
P0A1F-C -- Battery energy control Module

BCM --
P0A1F-20 -- Battery energy control module

googled the code and found this on the forums here

https://www.escape-city.com/threads/...dtc-pa01f.154/

symptoms match, but dont have any idea on how to reprogram the TBCM? Any speacial tools or can Forscan do all this?

Old 10-13-2021, 01:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: P0A1f

As far as I know you cannot reprogram the BCM with FORScan, you need the Ford Dealership software. FORScan will not do it.

Old 10-15-2021, 04:13 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You can reset it and make it self test again. To flash it you need ford IDS.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:47 PM
Enthusiast

Bummer called the dealership they wanted 225 to flash the car... I think i will take my chances it's been good so far just cleared the codes and i think i will be resetting as well. Might just trade the car in 😂

Old 10-16-2021, 06:00 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

That is about what pirated IDS costs from ebay