Oregon 'Gas Tax' question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default Oregon 'Gas Tax' question

Hi all;

I live in Oregon and have been considering buying a Ford Hybrid. I heard recently that Oregon would send me a 'gas tax' bill yearly to re-coup the state's lost money as I would use less gas for driving a hybrid. This is the first I have heard about this & the person I was talking was not real sure how accurate this information was.
Can anyone give me more information about this? Why buy a Hybrid only to get hit with this type of bill?

Thanks

Old 05-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Oregon 'Gas Tax' question

Hi 2gr8dogs:

I also live in Oregon (and also have 2 great dogs). The hybrid tax you heard about was just some politician sending up a trial balloon to see if there was any interest. there wasn't. Hey it's an election year.

As a matter of fact if you do buy a hybrid, the State of Oregon will GIVE you $1,500.00 in the form of a tax credit. Added to the $2,600.00 that the feds give you pretty much covers the extra cost of a hybrid.

Be safe,
Dennis

Old 05-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Oregon 'Gas Tax' question

So, how much would they give back to and Escalade or Hummer owner for using more gas than expected? How much would someone riding a bicycle have to pay extra? I can't believe somoene even considered this!

Roch