Order question

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Order question

Hi--
I just ordered my '08 FEH this weekend and my dealer told me that I have a priority code of 99 which means a "sold order" and, per him, is the fastest track to production. In looking a previous threads, though, it seems like this is not what others have heard about that order code. Anyone with any insight? I know I have a wait, but patience isn't my strong suit
Thanks!

Old 08-14-2007, 04:51 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner
Default Re: Order question

Originally Posted by kkalten
Hi--
I just ordered my '08 FEH this weekend and my dealer told me that I have a priority code of 99 which means a "sold order" and, per him, is the fastest track to production. In looking a previous threads, though, it seems like this is not what others have heard about that order code. Anyone with any insight? I know I have a wait, but patience isn't my strong suit
Thanks!
"Patience is a waste of time."

Old 08-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

I believe that code is just something the dealer does specific to them and it has no bearing on what Ford is doing.

Until you recieve a DORA with a full VIN number you might as well start waiting. I recieved a DORA without a full vin on 6/28.

I am still waiting on a full VIN. From what I understand, until there is a full VIN assigned there is no plan for production.

I am NOT happy.

And to top it off, 9/14 is the contract end date for UAW and there are alot of discusions about a strike.

Be prepared to wait, it seems like an average of 14-16 weeks at this point. You can start harrasing Ford at this email:

crcfmc@ford.com

Once you have a vin you can post it on blueovalforums and someone will help you find out the status.

At 10 weeks, and no VIN, I am sending a letter to the Board of Directors at Ford.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Enthusiast

I think you need to get back to your dealer & ask him why he did not give it a priority of 10 (the lower the better). A priority of 99 will basically just sit there until it get changed.

Look at the last post on the first page of this thread (and the following pages):
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...priority+codes

Myself, this is week 5 & I still don't know squat. Going to check again with my dealer next week to see if there are any updates with my order (just bugging every other week as I know it is going to be a wait )

Old 08-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm not sure if anyone else can confirm this but the story I got from my dealer in late July was that retail orders were suspended - because of the backlog Ford was not accepting firm orders for individual customers. I lucked into an 08 FEH at that time because my dealer was able to trade for one but he said he couldn't give me a legitimate delivery date if I ordered one.

He said that when word got out that Ford was going to suspend orders, all the dealers put in "sham" customer orders and Ford responded by demanding signed contracts for the retail sales - which knocked out 75% of the orders, but not enough to resume customer ordering.

Eventually this will change when the existing customer order and dealer allocations are filled, but that might be months.

Did anyone else get this story?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kkalten
Hi--
I just ordered my '08 FEH this weekend and my dealer told me that I have a priority code of 99 which means a "sold order" and, per him, is the fastest track to production.
Oh deity!

What the dealer told you is wrong in so many ways.

As already mentioned, "99" means it is on hold, and will remain on hold until something changes. A vehicle will never, ever, even be scheduled to be built as long as it is at '99'.

Priority of '10' is the best, but that only means you are this dealer's first in line. That doesn't tell you where in the overall queue, this dealer sits. However, putting you their first is the best that any dealer can do. Well, unless their district manager owes them a favor, and the dealer is willing to use that favor for your order.

A district manager could bump an order all the way to priority '1', but that requires (1) you made a 100% cash deposit, AND (2) your first two orders fell off the delivery trucks on the way to the dealer, AND (3) your daughter is engaged to marry his son, AND (4) your Uncle "Big Gun" Tony paid him a visit.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pb5927317
Until you recieve a DORA with a full VIN number you might as well start waiting. I recieved a DORA without a full vin on 6/28.

I am still waiting on a full VIN. From what I understand, until there is a full VIN assigned there is no plan for production.

I am NOT happy.
I ordered on 5/26 and still don't have a full VIN. I'm seeing other folks on the blueovalforums who ordered the same week as me and got their VINs 4-6 weeks after ordering, while I'm 12 weeks out and still don't have one.

Can't say that I'm happy, either.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:36 PM
N/A

Effective 8/15 estimated lead times for delivery of both Escape and Escape Hybrid to fleet customers in most states have been extended. Orders for delivery to the most distant regions (Western U.S. states, AK, HI , far Western Canada & far Eastern Canada) should factor in an additional 1-3 weeks.

Escape 10-12 weeks
Hybrid 14-16 weeks
Mariner 8-10 weeks
MMH 10-12 weeks

Old 08-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Enthusiast

I placed my order for our escape yesterday knowing full well it would be 3 months but definitely by end of the year. Now it's 14-16 weeks and an additional 1-3 weeks because I'm on the west coast?

I'm better off canceling and ordering a MMH instead if I can get it 6 weeks sooner to get the tax credit for 07.

My salesperson is also the fleet manager and said a bunch of west coast allocations were eaten up by government orders (that's why they've all disappeared from the lots) starting July 1, which is a fiscal year start, with the rest of us fighting for table scraps. I read the Big 3 were trying to get away from fleet sales to improve profits ! Not on these apparently.

I can understand a battery shortage, but quit the marketing and hybrid PR spin if you can't make them! I was in Detroit and a few weeks ago visiting family and it's absolutely dismal there. You'd think they'd want to sell as many as possible. How'd they blow the forecast on these, especially with gas prices and the gov't credit?

Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

There are two brand new 08 FEH's on ebay right now. Both are listed by dealers.
I am not a big ebay fan, but I'm sure if you contacted the dealer, you could get one of them. One has a buy it now price of just over 25k...

So a little travel and you have an 08 FEH,, how bad do you want one??

just a thought

08FEH

Quick Reply: Order question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands