Northeast Snow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Northeast Snow!

Now it's time to see what the little AWD FEH can do!
The plows have come by twice, so it's safe to go out and play!
This post comes from Brooklyn, USA, where we have a foot on the ground and maybe a few more to come!

Old 02-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Northeast Snow!

8-10" here (Peabody, MA) using my calibrated eye out the living room window. Plows have been coming all day and now have about 2-3' tall banks at the end of the driveway. If I have to go out, the F250 is getting me there today. I drove the '06 in about 10" of new snow once and it did fine despite only being FWD.

Let is snow....

Old 02-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Enthusiast

It is 80 degrees and clear in S. Calif today. And you wonder why people want to move to Calif.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:02 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Northeast Snow!

Hi;

It Snowed here in Nashville, Tn. All did I forget to mention that it was to {HOT} for it to stick on the roads.

Oh well it did Snow though, kinda.

Terry,
Monday Sunny and 40's

Old 02-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Northeast Snow!

The little grey FEH did very well in snow.
NYC at Central Park got 2 1/2 feet - a record.
Plowed through a lot of drifts with ease. Handled very well, staying away from those gypsy (not yellow) cabs with bald tires whose drivers, well, just don't know from snow. The truck even did well while in stealth mode, though it sneaks up to people when they're walking down the middle of the road.

Couple amazing things - it happened on a weekend - (lucky) and a lot of government workers here have Monday 2/13 off for a Lincoln's Birthday holiday ... so getting around will be easy. People even had most of today to clean off their sidewalks.

The city isn't paralyzed as in some past nor'easters ... go figure...

Old 02-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Ronin

I love my 4wd Escape Hybrid in the snow. I changed the stock tires to Revo All terrains and I can go where I need to no problem!

Old 02-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Lucky Guys!

I'm in Montreal Canada where we have not had any significant snow for a while (what we have on the ground is hard and crusty by now). Also, I am waiting for my new FEH AWD '06 to arrive (3 weeks so far). I really hope I get it before the snow is gone as I would really like to see how it handles. I recently purchased some land just north of Newport VT. and my poor trusty VW Golf GTI VR6 could not make it up the road! I'd like to see what the place looks like with the snow!

With great respect to the gentelman in South California (I do love to visit there), I prefer to have my world go white for a few months a year (maybe gray/brown on the roads) even if it means shoveling the stuff off my driveway. Nothing like the squeak of the snow under your feet when it's -15c!

Cheers!

Roch