No More Update Discs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default No More Update Discs?

I was at Navteq today, having decided that it would be worth it to update my Navigation discs, when I found I couldn't. The site store takes me until I get to the Ford option under built in Nav systems, then it stops and tells me to contact my local Ford, Mercury, or Lincoln dealer for the discs and for now can't sell me the maps.

Anyone know what's up?

Old 06-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: No More Update Discs?

I noticed that as well a couple of weeks ago. Not sure what is up. I hope it is temporary, and they resume the capability and continue to update the disks (for me, the 12 CDs).

Old 07-07-2009, 07:58 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

For the price they were charging for updates, you can now buy a Garmin or other portable GPS unit that can be updated multiple times a year online and has much more functionality. There probably isn't much of a market anymore for their update discs.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D-mac
For the price they were charging for updates, you can now buy a Garmin or other portable GPS unit that can be updated multiple times a year online and has much more functionality. There probably isn't much of a market anymore for their update discs.
Completely agreed - I would happily have bought updates for a reasonable price (say, $30-40), maybe even every version offered. The high price of the updates is made even tougher to swallow by the number of mistakes I've found in the discs that came with my '08 MMH; it would be nice if they offered corrections for free even if they continued to charge big bucks for updated and expanded data.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast

I contacted Navteq via their website. Here is their less-than-useful response:

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. Currently Ford does utilize our map databases however we do not distribute discs for their systems at this time. For information please contact your local Ford authorized dealer for assistance.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email or by speaking with one of our agents at the number provided below, Monday through Friday.

Kind regards,

NAVTEQ Customer Service

P.O. Box 1588

Orem, UT 84059