New Way to Inprove Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default New Way to Inprove Mileage

I have found the perfect way (although not recommended) to ensure a light, gentle touch on the accelerator.......I fell in my yard last night and twisted my ankle pretty bad.

Driving too and from work today, pushing the gas pedal was extremely painful, the easier I pushed it the less it hurt. Used my left foot for the brake. During my 48 mile round-trip my tank average went up from 36.1 this morning to 36.8 when I got home.

I just got home from the hospital - it's broken. No cast yet but once it goes on, guess I'll be out of action for a while. Bummer. Worse part is having to listen to the Mrs - she already started with the "I told you to go last night" crap.....

Need to go find a cold beer to wash down a Vicadin.....talk to ya'll later.

Ray

Old 10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Default Re: New Way to Inprove Mileage

Hi Nitramjr:

___Get well soon and heal quickly is about all I can pass your way … Were you hypermiling the lawn tractor using the tried and true - Flintstones technique or what

___With a cast, there are benefits … The wife cannot complain about you lying on the couch w/ a 6 pack while watching the Playoffs and World Series, right? Take it easy over the next few days and enjoy the time off if you do in fact get any.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Ouch. Rest up and get better. Enjoy the Vicadin!

Old 10-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Banned

If the ACLU would look the other way, I think a new effective way was found to deal with speeders...

Not you, Nitramjr

Old 10-20-2005, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by xcel
Were you hypermiling the lawn tractor using the tried and true - Flintstones technique or what
Pretty close guess - my (almost) 3 year old has a battery powered jeep that doesn't work so we push him around in it. He thought it would be fun to go down the hill in our yard in it - and it was until the last time when he steered toward the top of a retaining wall. I ran down to stop him (successfully) but my foot planted at the top of the wall and over I went.....

Good news is no cast, just one of those tall ski-boot looking deals for 4 to 6 weeks. I can still drive anyway although there isn't much room in te FEH for the boot - may have to drive the F250 for a while - that will hurt worse than the ankle.

Old 10-21-2005, 01:04 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

That's terrible! (Not the boot, that you hurt your driving foot and may not be able to drive the FEH)

Get better fast.