new Scanguage software available

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default Re: new Scanguage software available

Carl where do you get the codes for the xgauges? How did they figure them out?

Old 10-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

MAXimum discharge current should be 78A under ideal conditions.

If you never ever see more than 74A then maybe your scale converstion factor is off by a small decimal. This is for 2005 thru 2007.
-John

Old 10-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The actual coding for the xgauges came from Ron at Linear Logic. I have a beta copy of the user manual that explains in detail what the TXD, RXF, RXD, and MTH mean. As far as the PIDs, mainly these came from the 2005 Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnostic manual. There is a list in there, and in the diagnostic section they have typical values. From that I could figure out scaling for most of them. For the battery PIDs, that was trial and error plus someone showed me a page in a manual not readily available to the public that identified the address of the Traction Battery Control Module as 0x745, as well as some of the TBCM specific PIDs. I also spent many hours sending numbers with the CMNDS function of my SG and recording the responses (before I got the PC/ED manual.)There are also PIDs for Fords floating around the internet in various places, and I tried them on the FEH to see if they worked.

For the Max Charge/Discharge PID, I tried a scaling of .390625, but it gave too low (in my opinion) numbers for amps. I have never seen max discharge go above 67.5 using the 0.5 scaling in my FEH. Apparently other people have seen 70+ numbers.

Another interesting PID is delta module voltage, which for me is always zero. However, yesterday I stopped to help someone who had an 06 FEH stopped in a left-hand turn lane with the hood up and flashers on. They had gotten the STOP SAFELY NOW message and the car died. I cycled the key a few times and it re-started. I hooked my SG up and looked through all of my xgauges. His delta module reading showed 0.1-0.2 volts with the scaling I had. The MxD was at 76. I told him about the battery wiring harness "recall" and he said he had not gotten any letter.
Hopefully that fix will work for him. He didn't seem very happy in general with his FEH....

Old 10-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I received my updated Scanguage Unit today-8 days after shipping it out for the firmware update. This is pleasant surprise that I want to pass onto others.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
I received my updated Scanguage Unit today-8 days after shipping it out for the firmware update. This is pleasant surprise that I want to pass onto others.
Thanks, that's good to know. I'm sending mine in tomorrow. I did email Ron at SG last week and he said about one week turn around time right now.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:59 PM

Has anyone matched the background color to the 08 Ice blue gauges? I've only been able to come kinda close, I think I have 1r-2g-3b on the color wheel now, it's kinda blueish green. Just wondering if there's a closer match?

Old 10-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Red face Re: new Scanguage software available

Mailed my SCII back to "the factory" by priority mail on Monday of this week and received it back in the mail today. Now, to implement those xguage codes............

Old 10-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Has anyone had no digits show up in these new xgauge displays? My firmware got upgraded to 3.15 last week, and I immediately created the SoC xgauge according to Carl's instructions earlier in this thread. Unfortunately when I pull up the SoC gauge there are no characters at all. Same thing with traction battery temp, although traction battery voltage and traction motor speed give data. I've checked and double checked until I practically have the codes memorized! Vehicle is an 07 FEH AWD that hasn't had the Ford recall yet.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Red face Re: new Scanguage software available

Brady -

Same here. Blank digits on the SoC....but most of the others are working. SC firmware updated and the service campaign was completed on my FEH........frustrating

Old 10-24-2007, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by glennb
Brady -

Same here. Blank digits on the SoC....but most of the others are working. SC firmware updated and the service campaign was completed on my FEH........frustrating
Same here. Blank digits on the SoC....but most of the others are working. SC firmware updated and the service campaign was completed on my FEH........frustrating[/quote]

My only blank so far is BTM (batt temp). I get #'s for SoC. I assume are good, as they range from a low 41 (in N for 15min) to about a high 56. They change as more EV is used, and in crease at breaking.

I haven't loaded all the #'s from post #7, or the new post. But the 5-6 I did load work, except BTM.

Quick Reply: new Scanguage software available

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands