Need someone with expert hybrid experience

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 06:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default Need someone with expert hybrid experience

This may be a shot into the dark, but wth I figured I would give it a try because I am at the end of my rope with a 06 Ford Escape hybrid with 288k on the clock.

Here is my case:

Vehicle was brought to me with a transmission leak coming out of drivers side axle seal (was in an accident 1 year ago, was impacted at drivers side wheel). Bushing inside transmission damaged, customer wanted transmission replaced. Ordered good quality used transmission with 108k. Installed transmission with all electronics from junkyard. After installation went to start vehicle and heard a loud bang, other weird noises and vehicle would not start. Figured something was wrong with junkyard electronics and decided to swap electronics from original transmission to junkyard transmission.

Upon teardown of junkyard transmission, noticed there were several bolts laying inside the electronics box where someone had already tried to remove it. One of the bolts had jumped two large capacitors causing the loud bang noise. Swapped electronics, vehicle starts, runs, and drives great.

Problem I have now is that the 12volt battery is not charging. Checked all modules in the vehicle for codes and the PCM is setting a P0A10 (P0A10 DC/DC Converter Status Circuit High Input) and P0A11 (DC/DC Converter Enable Circuit Open) as a hard fault. I suspected maybe the dc to dc converter went bad and swapped it out but it did not change anything. I tested everything I can think of, voltage drop tested all wires, checked all circuitry and high voltage circuitry.

Weird thing I did notice that happens. I decided after messing with the 12 volt system to test the high voltage system. When service plug is installed I have ZERO voltage on my high voltage wiring. But when it is removed voltage increases to 130 volts. Even at the battery the same thing. Someone please help me figure this out before I remove the remaining hair I have left on my head lol.

If someone would like to contact me to talk further shoot me an email at danbrown081584@gmail.com. Thanks for your time!

Last edited by TheMechanic84; 10-16-2014 at 06:56 AM.