My 2nd load of useful TSBs. Enjoy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: My 2nd load of useful TSBs. Enjoy!

To the best of my knowledge, TSB = Technical Service Bulletin.

Basically, an email ( or equivalent ) sent to all dealers addressing a problem.

-John

Old 07-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm guessing this is what had happened to us... they filled it, and were checking for leaks but hadn't found one... now the A/C is getting not so cold again, will have to take it back in and have it looked at.

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I don't know if this has been discussed already, or if there is an official TSB or not, but recently I took mine in because the A/C was not very cold. 1 or 2 others I know had this problem also.

Turns out when I showed up at the dealer, they knew exactly what was wrong, and what to do about it right away. They had the problem fixed and the car was returned to me in slightly more than 1 hour. I was very pleased, and have icy cold A/C now.

Turns out Ford got a batch of bad O-rings for the high pressure 134a refridgerant lines that allows a slow leak over weeks or months. Your A/C may reduce in performance so slowly, you may not notice, until you find yourself sweating one day ( or EV won't run because the battery cannot be cooled either.)

JUST FYI

-John

Old 07-18-2006, 06:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
To the best of my knowledge, TSB = Technical Service Bulletin.

Basically, an email ( or equivalent ) sent to all dealers addressing a problem.

-John
Having worked at a Ford dealer for 5 years as a technician, I can elaborate. Yeah, it Technical service bulletin. If alot of the same models seem to have a common problem, usually not a build defect, but something that comes up later, maybe weather or just time related. Lets say a noise or something, engineers will get feedback that there are alot of the same symptom, and come up with a fix. If it had anything to do with safety, it could become a recall. TSB's are just to help the tech quickly diagnose a problem that maybe another tech had at another dealer or something. They are not for people to read on the net and take their vehicle in to get fixed even if they are not having a problem. But it is nice to know what they are. My A/c vent are almost impossible to close!