MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

"The telephone number for Navigation Systems is 866-422-8176. They will be able to assist you with your concern."

This is what I got from the LIVE CHAT on the Mercury Mariner Hybrid Website.

Their customer service SUCKS! The people don't know anything at all about the car. The only thing they keep asking is if I want to schedule a test drive.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Enthusiast

OK - I just called the number and found this out:
'
1) It's a number for NAVTEC - a SOFTWARE company in chicago that WILL BE (end of this year) supplying software for the Nav systems.

2) When I called NAVTEC, they said Ford now does the current version.

Soooooo - I'm not sure what to say other than:

Ford / Mercury has bad service through the web. I think once this vehicle has been out for a little while (and more are sold), we should get better service through the dearlerships.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Enthusiast

I know a thing or two about the law and lawsuits. Class action suits serve only to make the attorneys rich and do little or nothing about the individual clients. Last year I sued Dell computer after three years of begging for them to listen to my problems. They settled within a week. I think the answer if for individuals to sue Ford for the amount that it would take to equip the vehicle as advertised plus something to punish them for the "false advertising.". I think this is what will problably happen. Mercury's hybrid website advertises than the 110v plug is available as an option, so I ordered mine with EVERY option they had, but no 110v plug. My manual also shows automatic headlights, and the dealer can't explain this additional missing feature. So far I'm missing satellite and MP3 capability, automatic headlights and a 110v plug. Aside from those issues, I am very pleased with my Mariner. Outstanding mileage, comfort, handling and performance.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:04 AM
drive of the mariner hev

Travis,

I agree with you. It's a great car, and as I'm filling out these surveys, it gets high marks in almost every category but overall satisfaction and audio equipment sections.

I'd hate for an actual lawsuit to go through, but will join one if it comes to that.

Ideally, what I'd like to see is Ford/Mercury realize that this is causing an issue with consumers and take it upon themselves to do the fix rather than wait to 'settle' it out after a lawsuit has been filed. Heck, if Ford/Mercury announced that they intended to fix it and it could take six months to a year, I'd still be a happy driver - because then I'd be (eventually) getting what I've paid for (okay, I forgot about the 110 plug issue, but that's not big with me anyway).

But we all know how corporations work. They'll screw the consumer and keep the attorneys on retainer to quash lawsuits or find the best way to 'settle'. Except, I think a stink does need to be made about this. Maybe then manufacturers all over will start to get the idea that perhaps the consumers actually *WANT* features that they advertise their products have!

Rabe...

Old 04-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Enthusiast

Unfortunately I have been away all week for job training, but I received back a reply from Ford on 3/27 to my questions regarding MP3 and Sirius.

In an effort to assist you, we have researched available feature and option package information for your vehicle. Please refer to page 20 of your Owner's Manual for instructional usage for the MP3 player.

Additionally, the audio system in the Hybrid Mariner is SIRIUS Satellite Compatible from the factory. Therefore, in order to utilitze SIRIUS Satellite Radio a dealer installed kit must be purchased and installed in the vehicle. For further information regarding pricing and installation, please visit your local Mercury dealership.
I have not had a chance to contact my dealer or look at the book yet, but I hope this helps.

I really love my new car, but this is a source of frustration for me.

Old 04-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

I have an 06 with the audiophile system (no nav) and was having problems with reading my archive mp3 discs or discs that I burned with itunes

Here's some things to try. First try a commercially available mp3 disc if that works then it's a burning software issue. If that works, or if a commercial mp3 disc is not available read on, if not, then the rest of this will probabbly be useless.

Make sure that the files are encoded as an mp3 format 44100khz with a 32 kbps — 320 kbps bit rate and with a .mp3 extenion. Other formats don't work including wma, ogg, mp4, m4a.

there is a limit of 253 songs in 253 directories, or at least was in the older single disc mach systems.

I used nero 6.6 with Maxell 700mb cdr

I put all mp3 files and directories into an mp3 direcrtory this was how it was done on the commercial disc and don't know if it is required.

No Multisession
Data Mode Mode 1
File Name Length ISO 9660 + Joliet
Check Finalize CD Under Burn tab
Disc at one write method

This worked for me, hope it works for you too!

http://www.evisteon.com/prod_serv/mo...p3/index.shtml

Old 06-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I tried it in my '06 Mariner with Nav and had no luck. In the Nav itself the disc won't play and a little disc icon with a ? appears in the lower left corner (when the nav disc is in it is a disc with an N). If I put the disc in the CDDJ it shows one track which plays with no audio.

Last edited by Tim K; 06-10-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Enthusiast

Tim K , don't waste your time and effort. Ford/Mercury sold you an audio player. not an mp3 player as advertised. In the manual it is written in bold lettering that the cddj and disc player only plays audio cd's.

As far as i am reading in the treads , keep all your printed information that has ford/mercury offering mp3. Because there may be recourses offered to us the consumer. Go to the better business bureau now offered nationally see your warrenty information. But the key is the printed information of the capabilities of MP3 that can be used as evidence of ford/mercury wrong doing.

Last edited by MarinerGreen; 06-08-2006 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast

All -

Does anyone have an update to post regarding his/her next steps concerning Ford's false advertising?

I just bought an '07 FEH w/ NAV expecting to play MP3's but was dupped by all the literature as well. Unfortunately, I didn't find this forum until after the fact. I did an Internet search in hopes of a remedy instead I came across this thread. I hate lawsuits but I spent, as you all are aware, a lot of money on an advertised upgrade that is lacking a key feature that attracted me to it and assisted in me justifying the extra expense. What reasonable and legit recourse we have. Any thoughts?

Last edited by virtualfreak; 01-04-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Early Adopter

I would not think there is much chance for recourse. Nearly all the literature published on vehicles today includes the disclaimer about specifications subject to change without notice.

Now if your sales person misled you into believing this ability existed you might be able to get something out of the dealer, depending on how nicely they play with others...

Quick Reply: MP3 and Sirius in 06' w/Nav

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands