MMH dead?!?!?!? please help ...what to do? jump?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default MMH dead?!?!?!? please help ...what to do? jump?

went out to start and nothing works on it,... no life whatsoever...is my 330 volt batterydead!?!?!?

Old 08-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Default Re: MMH dead?!?!?!? please help ...what to do? jump?

Changes are it's your 12V battery. Try jump starting like you would a normal car with jumper cables or one of those portable jump start devises. Also make sure all the cable connections are clean.

GaryG

Old 08-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast

Your 12 volt battery runs all of the electronics in your car to get it started. Either replace the 12 volt underhood battery or remove the battery cables from it and use a battery charger to try and make it take a charge. If you need to use it right away, I would replace the battery. I run a Optima Yellow Top battery in mine. I know it is overkill because the 12 volt battery isn't used very often but I've never had one of these batteries go bad in any of my vehicles.

If you charge the battery, be sure to remove the battery connections to the vehicle. Depending on your charger, you could damage the wiring by overvoltaging the system charging the battery in your vehicle. I would also make sure the battery has a good charge before starting it. The DC to DC voltage converter is designed to recharge a dead battery, but why over work it and cause more problems if you don't have to.

Your vehicle will also have to relearn the fuel trim. There is a procedure in the manual for performing this.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

nevermind neg batt terminal on 12v was loose...

Old 08-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast

thanks for help crabby & gary!!