MMH '09 was delivered today...to my house!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Default Re: MMH '09 was delivered today...to my house!

Originally Posted by MyPart
Bummer... that was one area where I expected a little boost when compared to the '08 and before.

{Shrug} Don't think I'll ever test those limits anyway.
One other thing I notice when ordering my '09 FEH was it has a higher ground clearance than the gas version FWD or AWD. One big reason I buy the FEH is it sits high to see traffic ahead and I don't have to climb up or step down in and out of the vehicle. Another reason is flooding and having that extra clearance than a car in heavy rain and hurricanes.

GaryG

Old 07-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I had noticed the '08 FEH had a slightly higher ground clearance (8.6" vs 8.5") than the gas version as well.

I see your point that the FEH is a higher riding SUV and I wouldn't dare compare it to a lower riding car. I was simply comparing the '08 to the '09 and my (obviously incorrect) assumption that it would score higher on the rollover test once it had stability control (in the form of Advancetrac with RSC).

Old 07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast

Didn't get a chance to take a picture, too much going on with a toddler, work, rain..etc.

I ordered 5/24/08 for those wondering...

Definitely drum brakes. 34/31 mileage.

Here's the big question which I haven't researched yet, and there may be a simple answer: After 1 day of driving in-town, the best mileage was 18.5! I don't know if it has to do with the first tank of gas and the gauge needs to catch up with what is really happening? We have a Prius, so I'm used to driving a hybrid so I know it's not my driving. When we drove the Prius off the lot, no such adjustment period, we were right off the bat at 44 mpg.

When the dealer brought the car last night, he drove about 40 highway miles, and the gauge read 17.7. Is the breaking in period that dramatic for the FEH/MMH?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by ggirl
Didn't get a chance to take a picture, too much going on with a toddler, work, rain..etc.

I ordered 5/24/08 for those wondering...

Here's the big question which I haven't researched yet, and there may be a simple answer: After 1 day of driving in-town, the best mileage was 18.5! I don't know if it has to do with the first tank of gas and the gauge needs to catch up with what is really happening? We have a Prius, so I'm used to driving a hybrid so I know it's not my driving. When we drove the Prius off the lot, no such adjustment period, we were right off the bat at 44 mpg.

When the dealer brought the car last night, he drove about 40 highway miles, and the gauge read 17.7. Is the breaking in period that dramatic for the FEH/MMH?
This is an easy answer ggirl, reset the average MPG because of bad driving and idle times. If you have a 44mpg in your Prius, you should get better than 33mpg off the bat in the MMH. Go Girl!

GaryG

Old 07-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks GaryG! I thought you might have an answer. I'll reset it and see what it does. I hope I can get the MMH into the 30's!

Old 07-22-2008, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by ggirl
Thanks GaryG! I thought you might have an answer. I'll reset it and see what it does. I hope I can get the MMH into the 30's!
I'd hoped you can get your '09 MMH in the 50's mpg or 60'smpg ggirl. I'm shooting for the 80's MPG myself! We will see in time!

GaryG

Old 07-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: MMH '09 was delivered today...to my house!

Interesting because the 09 that was at SanTan ford when i was in there had 4 wheel disc just like my 08 feh and 99 lightning. One thing it was a AWD so maybe that had something to do with it.
Enjoy it, i luv mine when ever I can get wife out of it.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:57 AM
Enthusiast

Seeing the three stars on the RSC-equiped gas 2008 was one of the reasons that I did not wait for the 2009 model.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: MMH '09 was delivered today...to my house!

Originally Posted by gpsman1
PLEASE take a picture of the rear tires and try to get a shot of the rear brakes showing.
There's been some confusion if there is disc or drum on the rear. We now know this is Disc front/ Drum rear......

Also, Please take a photo of the underside of the car, opposite from the tailpipe, so we may see if air conditioning is run to the rear battery ( I suspect it is, but this had not been confirmed. ) Can't get my camera to upload the pics but I can see the AC running to the back battery... and the 09 owners man. says it has AC.

Third, please report what the official MPG rating is for the car.
I suspect it is the same as last year, but it would be nice to offically identify this number. Know this now too....

THANK YOU! And congratulations! you will LOVE it! I love mine after less than a week!!!!

-John