Miles travelled?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Miles travelled?

I just turned over 16,000 miles the other day (Purchased late Nov., 2004). I am just curious how that relates to the other folks out there in FEH land. 16,000 is right at my annual average (24,000 a year), but at least this year I have used a lot less of the old go juice.

Chris Brown
Mendocino County Ca.

Old 07-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Miles travelled?

Well, I just passed 2000 (Got mine June 1), and generally put around 15,000 miles a year on my vehicle.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've got over 5000 on the '05 (March) and over 2000 on the '06 (June). I drive 20,000 plus a year but my wife only does 4-5000 a year. I figure by swapping back and forth between them I can keep a reasonable number of miles on each one rather than wearing one out early.

Have you had any problems or failures in yours yet? I have talked to the service people at the dealer where I bought mine and they claim they haven't had a Hybrid in yet for other than oil changes.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Problems -

I was one of the poor suckers who had the total powertrain shutdown because of a failed aux cooling pump. That was about 9600 miles. At that point they gave be a software upgrade and a new pump of course. I only know of one other person who had that failure, but there is a TSB on the issue.

I had some shipping damage (glass scratches) which took a few trips to the service department to fix (they damaged by rear carpeting and interior trim panels doing the window).

I currently have a small A/C leak by the rear battery (under the car), which will be fixed at my next service.

I currently have a new drivers seat on order because the padding came detached on the old one.

My girlfriend keeps trying to steal my car.

I have stopped obsessing over the price of gasoline since I doubled by gas mileage (ok this isn't a problem).

Otherwise no trouble at all....

Chris Brown

Old 07-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Miles travelled?

So far about 13,250. Purchased my AWD FEH in November 2004. Just completed longest trip yet - NYC to Ottawa and back - the slow way, through NY's Adirondack State Park (Lake Placid is a place most of you know, site of the 1980 Winter Olympics). That was about a 1050 mile round trip.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast

8000 miles on the FEH we bought in mid-November. Had some initial minor problems with door weather stripping coming out and those little plastic plugs that hold down the rear deck carpet popping off. But they were 5-minute fixes.

My only real problem is still the mileage. Despite everyone's tips on this site, despite completely changing my driving style, and despite repeated trips to the dealer (who claims nothing's wrong), I'm still barely getting 24 mpg in mixed city/hwy driving.

Old 07-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by copyboy1
My only real problem is still the mileage. Despite everyone's tips on this site, despite completely changing my driving style, and despite repeated trips to the dealer (who claims nothing's wrong), I'm still barely getting 24 mpg in mixed city/hwy driving.
I admire your patience. I would have gone through the roof by now. You are getting 20-25% less mpg than the average and they tell you nothing is wrong?

It would be a great experiment if you could swap cars (another FEH) with someone for a week and see how you do in theirs and vice-versa.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitramjr
It would be a great experiment if you could swap cars (another FEH) with someone for a week and see how you do in theirs and vice-versa.
I know! We've actually been trying to do that - but we don't quite know our neighbor well enough.

Old 07-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast

I personally have put 6,000 on mine since my May '05 purchase...but that included a 3200 mile drive from Philadelphia to Seattle, so I expect my year average to be around 12k (excluding cross-country relocations ).

I have not had a single problem to note yet...it's almost scaring me that i haven't even found so much as a loose sticker or deformed piece of plastic! (not that I'm complaining)