Mazda Tribute Autodimming Mirror in a FEH

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Mazda Tribute Autodimming Mirror in a FEH

I am interested in replacing my rear view mirror with a Mazda Tribute autodimming mirror with temperature and compass displays. The Mazda mirror is about $100 less than the Ford mirrors and I installed a similar Mazda mirror in our Miata and it works very well. Has anyone tried this mirror in their FEH?

Old 06-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mazda Tribute Autodimming Mirror in a FEH

Originally Posted by kshaw
I am interested in replacing my rear view mirror with a Mazda Tribute autodimming mirror with temperature and compass displays. The Mazda mirror is about $100 less than the Ford mirrors and I installed a similar Mazda mirror in our Miata and it works very well. Has anyone tried this mirror in their FEH?
I own a 2008 AWD with the luxury package (autophile 6 CD, but no Nav).

The automatic climate control has exterior temperature, why would you want it in the mirror as well? The center stack also has the compass.

My FEH came with an autodimming mirror.

Is your model earlier? I had thought all FEH had these features.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:10 PM

This is what I have in my 2005 Escape Hybrid. This is a Gentex autodimming mirror with temperature, compass and map lights. This is the link: http://www.gentex.com/auto_plo_interior.html for the company information. You can search E-bay for this mirror which will run somewhere around $175.00. Ford does offer this type of mirror but it is priced significantly more than what the aftermarket will charge.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:32 AM
Enthusiast

Where did you tap into to get power for the mirror? I want to do the same to my 2008 FEH. Thanks.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by juniorbill
Where did you tap into to get power for the mirror? I want to do the same to my 2008 FEH. Thanks.
You can make a direct tap into your engine compartment battery. Your mirror uses extremely little juice. I don't have a 2008 wiring guide so I will not make a recommendation for this but if you go to Escape-City.com there is an individual there who has all the wiring guides and may help you.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the tip and the great site.

Ted

Old 08-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Enthusiast

Today, I replaced my mirror with the Mazda Tribute Autodimming, Temperature, Compass, and Homelink mirror. It work great and only cost $208 from one of the discount Mazda dealers. The Mazda mirror is made by Gentex.

Last edited by kshaw; 08-10-2009 at 02:44 PM.