Manual CD Cartridge eject

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Enthusiast
Question Manual CD Cartridge eject

My FEH07 was totaled when a white van came across the center line and hit her while she was doing 50 mph. No major injuries, thank god!

Now the insurance is going to total the FEH but we have 6 CDs in the changer under the front seat. With no power how do i get it out?

Thanks

Old 02-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Manual CD Cartridge eject

As I recall, there's something in the owners manual about how to manually get it out. Not sure though. A Ford tech should be able to, I think there's a wrench thing that'll get it out.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I'm looking for a more elegant way.... but you could remove the entire changer from the car, bring it inside ( or to a store ) and apply 12v power to it on the table-top and eject as usual. That would for sure work. You only need the ground wire ( Black / LG Pin 3 ) and the power ( Orange / LG Pin 9 ) which are right across from each other on the harness.

-John

Old 02-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Enthusiast

Well, I ended up back at the dealership and reconnected the battery and was able to get them out. I did this because I remembered that while my wife sat in the car for 30 mins after the accident, the ignition / power was still on.

So I now have all my CD's, and a extra set of NAC DVDs.