Let's talk tires...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Let's talk tires...

wonder if anyone in Arizona carries the Nokian WR G2 SUV tires?

Old 08-12-2008, 06:04 AM
Engineering Professor

Originally Posted by ronsfastl
wonder if anyone in Arizona carries the Nokian WR G2 SUV tires?
You can order Nokian tires on the web at a discount at:

http://www.tirefactory.net (use their phone number at the site to order)

My WRs (185/65HR15) were under $100 each (yours will cost more since they are larger, make sure to get the H-rated version) and were installed locally for $40.

JeffD

Old 08-12-2008, 01:51 PM

I just weighed my new '09 FEHL rim and my new Michelin Latitude Tour tires before I have them mounted as a spare for '09 and 2 front tires for my '05 FEH.

Rim is 20.4 pounds. Cost - $188.53 + $50 core charge

Michelin Latitude Tour tire is 29.4 pounds. Cost each - $159

GaryG

Old 08-12-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG
I just weighed my new '09 FEHL rim and my new Michelin Latitude Tour tires before I have them mounted as a spare for '09 and 2 front tires for my '05 FEH.

Rim is 20.4 pounds. Cost - $188.53 + $50 core charge

Michelin Latitude Tour tire is 29.4 pounds. Cost each - $159

GaryG
I just got back from Goodyear who mounted the 2 Michelin Latitude Tours on the front of my '05 FEH. I brought a scale to weigh the '05 FEH Rim, so now we can compare the weights. The stock FEH Rim is 2.2 pounds lighter than my new '09 FEHL Rim which is 20.4 pounds. The standard FEH Rim weighs 18.2 pounds. If you add the new Eco Plus at 31 pounds, the total weigh is 49.2 pounds. If you replace the Eco Plus tires with the new Michelins, the standard FEH Rim and Michelin tire would weigh 47.6 pounds each. WoW! This is what my new tires and Rims weigh on the front of my '05 FEH now.

The FEHL Rim and Michelin Latitude Tour tires weighed 49.8 pounds, which is .6 pounds more than the stock FEH rim and the Eco Plus. The folks that got the '09 FEH non Limited models have the 47.6 pound tire and Rim set-up.

GaryG

Old 08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Did I miss a posting of a photo of these Limited rims, or are these the ones?

I'd actually like the same wheels as I have now, but in Chrome to go with the rest of the vehicle...

Off topic, but the 09 has the rear wheel spoilers even with the side steps? The one I saw did not have the side steps.

Last edited by leoashton; 08-12-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:21 PM

Yes, those are the FEHL Rims.

The rear tire spoiler is not on a '09 Escape with the side steps.

GaryG

Old 10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Let's talk tires...

Can someone tell me what the stock FEH rim size is? I know they are 16" but what is the width and offset? I am looking at aftermarket forged aluminum and magnesium wheels that are lighter then the stock FEH rim.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Enthusiast

The stock offset is -35 I BELIEVE if I remember correctly.

The width I just started looking for and found this thread. I'd like to know too.

super

Old 02-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

We're about ready to replace the Coni's and are looking at the Michelin Latitude Tours for our '06.

Now that they've been out for a while and folks have some miles on them sure would appreciate any additional or new feedback on the Michelin Latitude Tours.

We were alos considering Michelin Cross Terrain as these are in stock at Costco but we like what the Michelin site has to say about the Tours, ie, long lasting, quiet!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by spud
We're about ready to replace the Coni's and are looking at the Michelin Latitude Tours for our '06.

Now that they've been out for a while and folks have some miles on them sure would appreciate any additional or new feedback on the Michelin Latitude Tours.

We were alos considering Michelin Cross Terrain as these are in stock at Costco but we like what the Michelin site has to say about the Tours, ie, long lasting, quiet!
The Michelins are much better than the Eco-Plus all around. Of course I have them on my '09 FEH, and put two on the front of my '05 FEH. Better MPG, handling, can't hear them and hold air pressure much better than the Eco-Plus on the same rim. I highly recommend the new Michelin Latitudes and I have the Michelin Cross Terrain now on my '02 Explorer which are not as good IMO.

GaryG

Quick Reply: Let's talk tires...

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands